Sign in to follow this  
chillipeppers

Uti recommendations

chillipeppers

I’ll be seeing my doctor tomorrow but wanted to know if there is anything I can do to alleviate the needing to pee feeling. I would like to get a good night sleep tonight.

Tough titties

If you have a pharmacy nearby maybe get some heal to drink. Otherwise not sure there is much you can do until you see a dr. Hope you feel better soon.

chillipeppers

If you have a pharmacy nearby maybe get some heal to drink. Otherwise not sure there is much you can do until you see a dr. Hope you feel better soon.

i have been using ural but it’s not working unfortunately. Thanks for replying

*Ker*

Lots and lots of water. Like more than you think you could drink. Cranberry juice is supposed to work too, although it never has for me.

• Like 1

littlepickle

I just had a UTI so I completely understand how awful the symptoms are - eventually needed antibiotics.

About 4 days after completing the course I started to get symptoms again - ended up drinking plenty of water and started cranberry capsules which appears to have rectified the issue.

Good luck

BECZ

Probably a bit late now at 2:15 am. Hopefully you are sound asleep by now without too much disturbance.

If Ural isn’t helping, I’m not sure many other home remedies would help.

Hope you have an early appointment!

born.a.girl

Lots and lots of water (didn't help me)

Cranberry (didn't help me, can help others prevent)

After a UTI in my twenties, then managing to flush each threatening one after that (not that there were many), I had four in six months last year - none of which were going to go away without intervention.

Am now on hiprex, which you can get in small quanitites OTC, and much larger on script. It turns your urine acidic so prevents the environment for the bugs to grow. I'm only 12 days in, so yet to be seen how effective it is for me.

You are at higher risk of UTI wtih dropping oestregon, my UTIs started when I dropped HRT patches for a lower dosed pessary HRT (which itself is supposed to help prevent them, but didn't).

I'm interested in trying a diet that does the same as hiprex, but have to wait to see if it works, yet.