Didi T

Mandurah to Albany - Must Stops

Didi T

What are the essential places to stop between Mandurah and Albany? Any kid friendly restaurants? Monuments that are must sees? Hot spots along the way?

Google is not helping me at all.

llamarama

The woolshed at Williams is a great place to stop with kids. It's a cafe, despite the name!

• Like 1

22Fruitmincepies

I presume you are going Mandurah - Bunbury - Bridgetown - Albany? What ages are the kids?

The Crooked Carrot cafe between Mandurah and Bunbury is my usual stop, but I’m leaving from Perth. I seem to remember a good playground in Bunbury, I try to remember where.

Didi T

Yep, going Mandurah, Bunbury, Bridgetown, Albany.

We are leaving from Perth but picking up friends on the way that live in Mandurah.

littlepickle

Apple fun park Donnybrook? Free playground - not sure if it is on the route from Bunbury to Bridgetown though.

Somewhere nice to stop for morning tea

melanieb530

Definitely Apple Fun Park in Donnybrook!

SeaPrincess

We’ve just spent a week down that way. Donnybrook is past Bridgetown if you’re coming from Bunbury. There’s also a fantastic park in Manjimup.

Will you be staying overnight anywhere on the way or just pushing through? Are you looking for places to stay or just to stop?

We went to:

Both of the playgrounds (more than once for Manjimup).

Pemberton region - the Gloucester Tree and the Bicentennial Tree, which were fire lookouts and have pegs up them to climb. There is a 3rd one, the Diamond Tree, but it’s been closed permanently. DH went up the Gloucester Tree with our 10yo and our 14yo went to the top of both.

Fonty’s Pool in Manjimup is open to the public ($3 entry), but also has camping and cabins, so you could stop there for a break or a night.

Nightcliff/Windy Harbour - views, beaches, but it wasn’t nice for swimming the day we went.

Margaret River Chocolate Company, Miller’s ice cream, etc

Wineries

We bypassed Bunbury, so we didn’t go to Gnomesville, but it’s always a hit with the children.

EsmeLennox

The Crooked Carrot is great!