Sandra

Due in Sept 2020 chat #1

ohhhhello

Oh I'm 10wks on thurs too! original.gif

Does anyone else have shocking reflux? I don't remember this with #1!!! It's been bad since 6wks

I had reflux with the first, but not as yet with this one! but, i think it maybe have hit me later - i can't exactly remember. all a blur haha

crazy87

ohhhhello

Maybe it means Im having the opposite gender I'm hoping for the same so I don't have to buy anything!

there is def ease to having another of the same gender, but would be so nice to have a girl! I have no idea what i would prefer - but cant wait to find out in a week or so!

MissTR

I think I'd like the same again too but only for practical reasons, the room is already pink! My hubby would like a boy though, I don't really mind, just want a healthy baby.

My bloat was so bad too, it seems a bit better this week, I can still zip my pants - just. The morning sickness is definitely getting better too, yippeee! I had crazy bad reflux with my first but so far this time all the symptoms are milder.

Went to get my blood test results today and I'm deficient on B12, not sure it was ever tested before but anyways apparently it's common for vegetarians FYI in case there are other vegos on here, so getting injections for that. Also got to see the bean again and all is going well he was bouncing around in there waving his arm buds and measuring right on track. 10 Weeks on sunday for me and the NT scan is booked for the 24th. It's finally starting to feel like this baby is going to stick around. I'm having panickey days in the lead up to 10 weeks (when we lost the last one) hopefully after that I can start to relax a bit.

MumOfFun

Am I the only one who hasn’t even booked a Drs appointment yet. I should do it soon so I can get my referral and try get on the midwife program again. I had an awesome midwife last time and was fortunate enough for her to be present at the birth.

ohhhhello

Am I the only one who hasn’t even booked a Drs appointment yet. I should do it soon so I can get my referral and try get on the midwife program again. I had an awesome midwife last time and was fortunate enough for her to be present at the birth.

I think people usually book early if they are nervous!

I've already seen my ob twice (7 And 9 weeks). But I had a prem baby so I'll be watched a bit closer.

MumOfFun

I think people usually book early if they are nervous!

I've already seen my ob twice (7 And 9 weeks). But I had a prem baby so I'll be watched a bit closer.

Yeah last time I booked in early and had a scan at 6 weeks but I had had an ectopic pregnancy 9months. This time I’m not as anxious which is good. But I probably should book in and at least get bloods done. I think hindsight is amazing because with the ectopic I had a lot of discomfort in my lower back on the left hand side at the time I didn’t think much of it but now I realise that it was actually the ectopic causing it. I had to have surgery to remove my left Fallopian tube. So with my nauseousness and fatigue and no other discomfort (except the sharp ligament pain when I cough had that with DD too) I feel everything is progressing really well.

MumOfFun

Things could be going either way for me as my second scan didn’t measure as well as my first. Doctor is holding out more hope than me. Another scan next week so will know more

How are you travelling? Did you end up having another scan?

Moo-me

Thanks for asking Mumoffun

Not good. The baby stop developing at 5w6d so 3 days after my first scan. I am okay and doing really well considering. A bit of a cry after the scan on Tuesday but otherwise okay. I’m being looked after by the early pregnancy unit at rpa and booked in with their fertility clinic for testing for me, my partner and the tissue of this pregnancy. I think I reconciled with this after the second scan and after having three mc since jan last year I wasn’t hopefully. I am really happy about the investigations and being booked in with the fertility clinic. So despite everything I’m feeling really hopeful going forward and in a good headspace.

I wish you guys all the best over the seven months

MumOfFun

Aww moo-me I’m so sorry. Fingers crossed you get a sticky bean soon. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat. I was so hopeful for you because of you symptoms. Take care and remember it’s ok to have a cry. Big hugs from me. Xx

MissTR

I'm sorry to hear that moo-me, please take of yourself.

We did our fertility treatments and investigations at rpa, I'm happy to chat to you if you've got any questions

crazy87

ohhhhello

Sending love to those that have lost their bubba. So so sorry.

@crazy87 how exciting for your scan! They are so nerwracking though aren't they!

My ob wanted me to get the scan at 13 weeks not 12, so I feel like it's so far away!!

classic_chick

First time posting in here. I am expecting my first child in September, currently 6w5d. I have had unsuccessful pregnancies in the past and TTC for 3 years. Right now I am calmer than I was in the earlier weeks, but trying not to worry constantly is hard.

MumOfFun

Welcome classic_chick. Congratulations and fingers crossed this bean is sticky. I understand the anxiety from previous losses. It’s so hard not to worry that it will happen again. Particularly if you’ve been trying for so long.

• Like 1

darcswan

N/m

Edited by darcswan

crazy87

MumOfFun

Dadada

Hello everyone. Finally hopping on here to join this group as I was too superstitious to do it before the 12/13 wk scan... I was just quietly lurking like a weirdo! Now bub is looking good, low risk everything, so I’m officially here. Due Sept 7th :) oh and I’m in Melb. Bub will be my second.

Hope everyone’s going well!

Sprinkless

Hey all! My EDD is Sept 20th and this will be our second bubba (mum to a 2 year old). Looking forward to head into this journey with you ladies!

murasakiookami

Hey ladies!

I figure it's time I finally join a group for this pregnancy. I'm due with #2 around 26th September. I have a 2yr old son who made an early entrance at 34+3 so I'm a little cautious this time around.

This is going to be a very different pregnancy to my first. Last time I had PHI and a private OB on the otherside of Melbourne. I was having semi-regular scans from 4 weeks. This time we're in the outer east and I'm assigned to a speciality midwife group practice. I've only had one appointment so far and that was over the phone. I've got my first appointment with the OB attached to the group next Friday. And not to forget the current situation with COVID meaning hubby can't come to my appointments.

Hoping you're all doing well and I look forward to getting to know you. I'll try to be on regularly but I'm not much of a forum person these days.