Sandra

Due in Sept 2020 chat #1

ohhhhello

When my 3 were young the pram was a life saver but it does depend if your little one likes being in the pram or not.

We had our scan today I am measuring bang on 7 weeks as I was supposed to with a good strong heart beat.

Lillsmama I am thinking of you and hope everything goes ok.

Ok silly question as I have been out of the game for a while. If you do the NIPT test and all comes back normal do you have to do the 13 week scan? Or is best to still do both?

Its all so hard to understand all the stages. NIPT is an extra stage to the scan. It checks for abnormalities in cells, aswell as early gender test of u want it. But then you still get the 13 week scan. But alot of people don't do a NIPT unless they spot a risk at the scan.

MissTR

How's it going lilismama?

Congrats to everyone that is having their scans, great news for all.

We're in Sydney, I'll be delivering at RPA again. Met my new shared care GP today and she is so so lovely, it was such a relief to get someone I felt comfortable with immediately. She didn't bat an eyelid at taking aspirin and progesterone voluntarily this pregnancy, she gets it. And they have a small bedside ultrasound machine so got a quick view of baby happily hanging out in there.

For anyone struggling with anxiety (which I massively do) there's an app I use for mindfulness meditation called Mind the Bump, it's specific for pregnancy, I find it helpful when I'm freaking out.

All day morning sickness is now afternoon sickness only, hopefully that means it's on its way out now 8+6 here. Last time it hung around until 16 weeks then got back reflux to replace it. My symptoms are so different this time I'm getting a gut feeling for boy. Anyone else guessing yet?

MumOfFun

Hope all is well Lilismumma

I’m really struggling with the heat today. Mid 40’s here and high humidity so the old evap AC is struggling. I’m finding nausea worse in the heat. For example went to the shops this morning and I felt fine in the cool shops but very ill out in the heat.

I feel bad I have avoided a girls night tonight because I was stressed about them asking questions with me not drinking. I also have another friends 30th tomorrow but I think I might stay home from that too. I might call her and explain though because she is a pretty close friend.

It’s so hard when your known as a bit of a drinker. I usually love have a drink or 2 with a couple of friends.

Sailor4

I keep forgetting to check in here!!

Im 9 & 5 today, just plodding along really. Booked our 12 week scan for the 17th of Feb so hanging out for that! I feel in limbo land at the moment because the care from GPs hasn't been that great this time around, so waiting to go in to the hands of the midwife team and hoping they will be better!

Apart from that, I'm in Perth with my 14 month old, husband and 2 dogs (we just got a puppy last weekend...call us crazy!).

At this stage, we arent going to go the double stroller. Planning to baby wear #2 and have #1 in the pram..or #1 walk as she often already wants to do. But we will see how we go when #2 gets here.

I think thats all the questions I missed!

Moo-me

Things could be going either way for me as my second scan didn’t measure as well as my first. Doctor is holding out more hope than me. Another scan next week so will know more then.

Otherwise all I’m doing is peeing and sleeping!! I fall asleep on the couch every night. I’ve never been this tired in my life! My small breasts are so big they’re almost hard as rocks. But what I want to ask you guys is do you have a lot of cm?? Yesterday when I got work my undies felt wet I honestly thought it was blood.

ohhhhello

Things could be going either way for me as my second scan didn’t measure as well as my first. Doctor is holding out more hope than me. Another scan next week so will know more then.

Otherwise all I’m doing is peeing and sleeping!! I fall asleep on the couch every night. I’ve never been this tired in my life! My small breasts are so big they’re almost hard as rocks. But what I want to ask you guys is do you have a lot of cm?? Yesterday when I got work my undies felt wet I honestly thought it was blood.

Fingers crossed for you!

But it sounds positive with all your symptoms. And yes! CM galore here hahaha. Driving me nuts. I keep panicking and thinking sh*t, it must be blood, but it's not.

MumOfFun

I agree with Ohhhhello. All those symptoms sound positive. How far apart were your scans and were they done with the same machine. With my DD my ultrasonographer was also a client of mine. So he was able to provide me with heaps of info. He did say some machines were much more accurate than others.

I had an ectopic pregnancy back in 2017 and my pregnancy symptoms started off really strong but when I had started bleeding they were no longer present apart from the period type pain I had which way obviously from the ectopic now I look back. So I wouldn’t stress too much about the scans your symptoms are a strong indicator all is going well.

ohhhhello

When I had my second scan, it originally measured a week behind, but then he did it again and it measured bang on 9 weeks. So it sounds like it just isn't exact at this stage... depends how the tiny blob is moving around.

Time is going so slow. Unbelievably slow haha

Moo-me

Thanks ladies! I feel like the symptoms are positive too and good to know I’m in good company with the cm.

Ultrasounds were done 10 days apart at two different places. One old machine and one new one. Less than one week growth...

Ms_V

3rdtimesacharm

Hi ladies, thanks for your well wishes but I'm out, MC yesterday.

I wish you all the very best for safe pregnancies and healthy beautiful babies in 9 months xx

Moo-me

I’m so sorry lilismama xxx

MumOfFun

Sorry to hear Lilismama. Big hugs to you. Good luck for the future. Feel free to PM me if you need to chat. I’ve experienced loss before myself so you definitely not alone. Xxx

crazy87

Congrats and welcome Ms_V! #1 is quite daunting because its so new! Yep, get bloods done then decide if you will go Private Obs or Public Hospital. If going private, its best to get on an Obs list soon.

And PP, yes the CM! SO much. It's crazy. I don't remember it last time.

BellaLuna88

I'm so sorry lilismama. That is devastating.

Ms_V

Thank you!

And PP, yes the CM! SO much. It's crazy. I don't remember it last time.

Oh my! I was googling this yesterday!

My app says I would be 4wks today and so much CM.

I’m not sure if this is too personal but so much I chafe!

I’m going mental, have been wondering if I should get panty liners.

I’m really hoping for strong HCG, the positive line on the tests is coming up quicker than the normal one.

I plan to get to the local clinic today, I went to coles last night and by the time I was done and DH was picking me up, I was nearly passing out and I got home and spent the rest of the night in bed. It would seem I had really low blood pressure which my sister said she experienced throughout her entire pregnancies.

I feel like it’s odd to be experiencing so much so early.

Edited by Ms_V

darcswan

Oh Lilismama, I’m sorry for your deeply sad news. Thinking of you.

MumOfFun

I feel like it’s odd to be experiencing so much so early.

yeah I thought that with both my other 2 pregnancies. With my first pregnancy I had quite strong symptoms very early on. Then they went away right before I started bleeding. Had a scan and it was ectopic so surgery later that day. I was only 5w5d when all that happened.

when pregnant with my daughter I didn’t have as strong symptoms. But they were definitely there. I wasn’t so much nauseous but did have food aversions in the first trimester as well as fatigue. I felt great during the 2nd trimester and I got really tired again later on in the third.

I have heard a lot of people say their symptoms peak at around 6-8 weeks.

MumOfFun

What pregnancy tracking app is everyone using. I have Ovia but I used that with my last pregnancy so what something different.

Ms_V

I’ve downloaded a few to see which one I like best, so far liking the Baby Centre one - you can take and store photos...

I got a positive on my blood test this morning, so shall cross everything and sit tight while I wait for my dating scan, which isn’t for a few weeks.

MissTR

I'm sorry to hear that lilismana, look after yourself xxx

ohhhhello

Welcome to the new arrivals!

I'm so so sorry Lilsmana :(

As for me, i am 10 weeks on Thursday. Planning to get my NIPT blood test on Friday or Saturday.

Then 13 week scan on 26th Feb. time is def dragging. for me, and i feel like i've popped out so much earlier vs my first, so im definitely nervous about keeping it from work.

Miss_Stac

Welcome to the new arrivals!

I'm so so sorry Lilsmana :(

As for me, i am 10 weeks on Thursday. Planning to get my NIPT blood test on Friday or Saturday.

Then 13 week scan on 26th Feb. time is def dragging. for me, and i feel like i've popped out so much earlier vs my first, so im definitely nervous about keeping it from work.

I am also already showing I had hoped it would be a little longer before I did but wishful thinking being baby #4

Friend's Are already making comments but I am hoping to hide it from work as long as possible.

MumOfFun

crazy87