Sandra

Due in Sept 2020 chat #1

3rdtimesacharm

I will be heading to the dr tomorrow for the blood tests but did another test last wed when I was due for my period and that was positive so crossing fingers all is ok. I miscarried Jan 20th last year without knowing i was pregnant at 13 weeks so it's scary being the same time of year but trying to stay positive.

I havent had the nausea that I had when pregnant with my daughter but I just have no energy and feel really blah. We told very close family when i was 5 weeks with DD but I want to keep it quiet this time and it's driving DH crazy, he's the worst keeping secrets lol. Hope you are all feeling well x

darcswan

Good luck with your scan today MissTR ❤️ Will be thinking of you!

Likewise Lilismama. I can relate to the tiredness - I keep looking at DH saying ... This is what women go through?? How do they hide it so well? No idea what I’d do if I still had to tend to more than just 2 cats!

Hope the nausea is short lived Amelie!

Lots of uncertainty during these early days - I’m trying to stay practical. The worry is instead transferring to work! 3am I got a sudden surge of panic about a new project I’m kicking off. So silly, not like I could do much about it at that time!

MissTR

thanks for the well wishes. The scan went really well, we saw the jelly bean moving around with a strong heart beat at 154, measured 7 weeks (from LMP i'm 7+1) so everything ticking along nicely.

It's tough keeping it a secret Lilismama, maybe he could tell 1 trusted person so he can get it off his chest.

It's definitely hard to hide some of the symptoms, it's my first day back at work today and I'm sticking close to the bathroom, just in case.

• Like 1

darcswan

thanks for the well wishes. The scan went really well, we saw the jelly bean moving around with a strong heart beat at 154, measured 7 weeks (from LMP i'm 7+1) so everything ticking along nicely.

Best news!

I'm not really sure what to do about work tbh. I am in a senior, very visible role with a team of 60. I've had 6 days away from work in the last 4 years (1 sick day - which was last Friday when I couldn't raise my head from the pillow!)

Colleagues have noticed my lack of energy and I blamed a virus. I will just have to go day-by-day I guess and try not to fall too desperately behind.

MissTR

Darcswan unfortunately this is just the beginning, people will come to their own conclusions eventually anyway but in the meantime do whatever you need to do to survive. With my successful pregnancy I didn't take any days off sick because I was in a leadership role and was trying to do it all, I was so exhausted all the time! This time I'll be listening to my body more and doing what's best for bub, not pushing myself so hard, that's for sure.

ohhhhello

Hey chicks!! I was waiting for so long for this group to open, and then I forgot haha

I'm 7+5 today! Had our scan last Wednesday and all is looking good with heartbeat of 135. EDD is Sept 3!

This is our #2. Our son is 16 months old, took us 9 months to conceive him, so super pumped that we got pregnant on month 2 this time!

When are everyone's next scans? And anybody doing NIPT?

I'm seeing ob again on 29th before NIPT the following week.

TinyGiraffe

A surprise BFP for #2 this morning... we were not trying but not preventing as TTC for #1 took a few years...still in shock really and look to be due end Sept.

Sailor4

Right, Amelie?! When I'm not nauseous im worried something is wrong, and then when I am..Im wishing it would go away!

Its hard darcswan. I have told my boss already, but she is also a friend and we are a relatively small group with lots of babies collectively due this year..so so I felt guilty! I havent told the rest of the staff yet though. I did something similar when pregnwnt with my daughter, but the situation is entirely different when you are the boss!

No scan over here now until 12 week scan ohhhelllo. I dont Think we will do the NIPT. Cant justify the cost

Miss_Stac

Hey chicks!! I was waiting for so long for this group to open, and then I forgot haha

I'm 7+5 today! Had our scan last Wednesday and all is looking good with heartbeat of 135. EDD is Sept 3!

This is our #2. Our son is 16 months old, took us 9 months to conceive him, so super pumped that we got pregnant on month 2 this time!

We will be doing the NIPT test

R4nd0m4ng3l

Hi Everyone!

Got our BFP a couple weeks ago, now 7+1 with #2!

I have a high energy 2 year old who I know is going to be the best big sister haha!

Even at only 7 weeks, I feel like I have every symptom in the book and have barely been able to keep much down for about a week!

Looking forward to all the fun antics of pregnancy again!

MissTR

Welcome and congrats!

We're only doing the nipt of the results of the 12 week scan aren't good

ohhhhello

Hi all, congratulations to everyone! I'm glad everyone is ticking along nicely I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

We are 7 weeks, due September 5 (ish) we've got a viability scan tomorrow. We have a 21 month old daughter and 4 angel babies, we're hoping this is our rainbow baby.

How did your scan go the other day?? All ok? X

ohhhhello

Hi Everyone!

Got our BFP a couple weeks ago, now 7+1 with #2!

I have a high energy 2 year old who I know is going to be the best big sister haha!

Even at only 7 weeks, I feel like I have every symptom in the book and have barely been able to keep much down for about a week!

Looking forward to all the fun antics of pregnancy again!

I feel you- I have a very energetic 16 month old and I'm finding it so so hard with pregnancy symptoms and work and looking after our son. Hopefully symptoms ease up soon

BellaLuna88

I will be seeing our OB next Thursday and he will scan in his room. We will do NIPT as well. Counting down the days until we can see if this little one has a heartbeat.

ohhhhello

@bellaluna88 it's such a huge relief having that first early scan! I loved in my first pregnancy getting regular scans with my ob. Is this your first bubba?

MumOfFun

Hi All

I stalked this tread yesterday not really expecting that I would be joining it today. Congratulations to you all. I got my BFP this morning. I had an inkling that I was pregnant for the past week but didn’t really want to get my hopes up. No denying it was positive. I saw the pink line as soon as my wee soaked up the stick.

This will be No 2.

DF and I were trying but obviously weren’t preventing either. I’m not really sure how DF will react. I guess we will find out tonight.

I haven’t really done the math yet but I suspect I’m due at the end of the September

MissTR

How did your scan go the other day?? All ok? X

It went really well we saw the bean with a heartbeat and dates matched perfectly

• Like 1

melies

crazy87

Scan today and confirmed 8wks! All ok...phew!! EDD 3/9

• Like 1

darcswan

Welcome Random, mumoffun and melies! And a big congrats too.

Mumoffun, how did you go with DF? I hope he was surprised in a good way. Otherwise we’ll be excited here for you!

Melies, how lucky is that? Our unpredictable bodies sometimes decide to cooperate. Congrats on your BFP!

Crazy - I too had my scan! Measuring 7 weeks, little heart fluttering away. EDD 8-Sep. Big hug - it’s so reassuring to see them up on the screen.

I’ll be doing every scan and test available including NIPT. Still not sure to go shared care or midwife, leaning towards shared care to have more flexibility.

Moo-me

Glad to hear everyone’s ticking along nicely!

I ended up going for my scan early and measured 5w3d which matches perfectly from when I remember getting my period last but I thought I might have been a bit further only cause of my hcg numbers. I get to go back next week at 7 weeks so fingers crossed! But otherwise my doctors happy with everything.

No morning sickness (which I wish I had it to calm my anxiety ) but big swollen boobies, I can smell everything and crazy bloating.

My partner wants to do nipt....

What’s shared care?

BellaLuna88

@bellaluna88 it's such a huge relief having that first early scan! I loved in my first pregnancy getting regular scans with my ob. Is this your first bubba?

Third Bub for us. I'm so excited! Going with a new OB this pregnancy as we have moved since my last pregnancy. This new OB apparently scans at each appointment which will be nice! My old OB didn't do that.

MumOfFun

Thanks Darcswan. Yeah DF is happy and excited.

Congratulations to everyone. Such an exciting time.

Moo-Me shared care is when you see you GP throughout your pregnancy as opposed to just seeing your midwife of Ob.

I forgot how early symptoms can start. I’m crazy hungry and get a bit nauseous if I don’t eat. I’d only be 4 weeks. I’m awake because my DD is having a rough time of it with sleep the past couple of weeks. I had to lay on her floor until she feel asleep and then she woke so back i went back in to do it again and I must have left before she was fully asleep because she cried out again. So I went back in. I’ve been laying in a swag on her floor for at least an hour. I tried to go to sleep but couldn’t and then I started to feel hungry so now she is asleep I’m up eating a banana.

I didn’t really get morning sickness with DD but I would sometimes feel a bit nauseous if I didn’t eat regularly enough. So I must get baking to make sure I have plenty of snacks on hand.

So exciting hearing about all your scans. I’m not sure if I should just wait til 12w or have an early scan. I had early scans with my last pregnancy because I had had an ectopic 9 months prior. Having the scan took away a lot of anxiety for me. So far I don’t have the same anxiety.

Anyway sorry for the rant.

Looking forward to getting to know you all throughout this exciting journey. Xx

Miss_Stac

Touch wood this is my first pregnancy without morning sickness so I am going to enjoy it while it lasts as if it does start I get hit hard.

I am very bloated and I have had a few looks but no one has asked anything yet. I will have to tell my boss once we hit 12 weeks so that I have enough time to train somone as I have had pre-eclampsia in the past and want work to be organised.

Everything is ticking along nicely for me my hcg levels are being monitored weekly atm and I have my scan booked in for next Wednesday (7w2d) and then I will just do shared care with my gp I think.

MumOfFun

How’s everyone tracking along? Have you guys told family yet? We haven’t discussed when we will tell our immediate family. Last time we told them on Christmas I was around 5 weeks but it was mainly because they all knew we were trying and I wasn’t drinking so they all kind of guessed plus I was super anxious after my ectopic so they knew something was up. Although I feel my boobs are 100 times bigger already so I think the gig will be up sooner or later. Haha

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend