Sign in to follow this  
Chamomile

Looking for a nanny

Chamomile

I have a 10 week old and I’m finding it very hard. I think I need someone to come and mind him for a few hours a week, so I can get some rest. The lack of sleep is affecting me.

Does anyone know a nanny or nurse in Sydney city/east area who would be willing to help a few hours a week?

Or any other suggestions?

eachschoolholidays

I’ve seen lots of rave reviews about Mayday Mummy (but I haven’t used them myself)

• Like 1

ninja559

Not in Sydney, or even Australia at the moment, so no contacts to share..... but just want to say good on you for recognizing you need some help, and asking for it! Those early days/weeks/months are incredibly hard. x

• Like 4

Caribou

My friends swear hands down this is fab agency. We’ve booked them for a few sittings in the new Year. The way they raved about them gave me a

Lot of assurance. They work all over Sydney and greater regions.

https://abrachild.com.au

Steggles66

Your local council, community centre or recreation centre may have occasional care at the fraction of the price of a nanny if money is tight for you.

• Like 1

Freddie'sMum

I don't know if I am allowed to post a link - but I have used this service (when our kids were older)

www.findababysitter.com.au

I hope you get a rest soon OP. Those baby days are hard.

NotBitzerMaloney

Have a look on Jugglestreet, findababysitter or weneedananny or if you want an agency, nannies and helpers

Chamomile

Thank you for all the suggestions! Seems like help is out there.

I looked on jugglestreet (it was mentioned at my mothers group). Listed some babysitting for 3 hours while I’m at home, $25 an hour. I got a response, but I’m chicken.

How should I use the time? My baby takes an hour to feed. If I don’t time the day right, I’ll be wasting a lot of the time.

Maybe we’re not advanced enough for this.

Not Escapin Xmas

That's such a tough age :)

If you get a nanny for three hours and do end up spending the first hour feeding, then maybe the nanny could do a few loads of washing or something else for you?

• Like 1

Babetty

Just explain to the prospective nanny that your baby is very little, you're still breastfeeding and so you need someone who is comfortable with you being home and willing to do light housework if you're occupied with the baby - eg wash dishes, load of washing, change bed sheets etc.

Perhaps reframe it as a "mother's helper" role and their tasks will vary depending on what's needed by you and the baby on any given day.

• Like 4

wilding

That's such a tough age :)

If you get a nanny for three hours and do end up spending the first hour feeding, then maybe the nanny could do a few loads of washing or something else for you?

I like that idea.

I hope you find someone you are comfortable with :)