Daffy2016

Late period?

Daffy2016

I’m fairly regular (around 29 days) but am now six days late. It’s extremely unlikely I’m pregnant but did a test today and it was negative.

Any ideas what could be causing this? We’ve had a stressful time recently but that’s calmed down now and it usually doesn’t affect my cycle.

Riotproof

It could just be that. If you are late 30s early 40s, it could just be a miss. That happens periodically to me, and the first time I started a post like this.

• Like 1

lozoodle

How old are you? My cycles have gone a bit funny lately. Sometimes 23 days, sometimes 30, sometimes anywhere in between, sometimes more, usually around 26 (used to be longer). I'm 38 now and I guess this is just the way it is?

• Like 2

Daffy2016

I’m 36 so I guess that could be it? We’re hoping to try for number 2 but can’t for about a year so I hope it’s not too disruptive.

Riotproof

It may not be. I find I have the occasional 50 week cycle, and then back to normal.

• Like 1

Lou-bags

Like PPs I’m late 30s and have wacky cycles. Actually probably every 3rd is either slightly shorter or (usually) longer. I’m CD 37 today as a matter of fact.

My cycles were irregular while conceiving DS2 (though that time because I was breastfeeding toddler DS1) but we still fell pregnant pretty much the first try. Since having DS1 I have very overt ovulation signs which appear 12-14 days before my period begins so even with my random cycles and skipped periods I was able to pinpoint my fertile time reasonably accurately.

Good luck TTC when you’re ready.

• Like 1

#YKG

I’ve just come out of a 63 day cycle which is crazy abnormal for me. For me it’s probably that I’ve been sick and stressed. I’m 34, my periods have been unpredictable this year for a few reasons.

Everyone has a late or missed period every now and again. If it’s a one off I wouldn’t worry too much. if you are concerned have a chat to your Dr.

eta: for some reason I went with 63 weeks instead of 63 days. Definitely not 63 weeks

Edited by #YKG
  • Like 1

lozoodle

Oh I didn't mean menopause or to worry you about having number 2, I just meant your cycles can go a bit wonky that's all. I'm definitely still ovulating etc!

And who knows, you said you had a stressful time, maybe it is just a one off :)

• Like 1

Caribou

When your TTC is incredible how out of Wack cycles become.

It’s fine to have an off cycle.

• Like 1

Lallalla

I once went over 60 days between cycles when I was 22 and was always otherwise regular before and after. Iwas also irregular for quite a while after my period came back after my babies. How old is number 1?

• Like 1

Daffy2016

I once went over 60 days between cycles when I was 22 and was always otherwise regular before and after. Iwas also irregular for quite a while after my period came back after my babies. How old is number 1?

She’s just over 2 and my period came back quite quickly after she was born - around 3 months. It’s been pretty regular (even with implanon) since then. I got the implanon out around 4 months ago.

I took a test yesterday but didn’t wait the full three minutes as there wasn’t even the faintest line... I assume at 6 days late you’d get a strong result? I can’t imagine I am but it would be lovely if I was...

Silverstreak

It might just be stress or ill health, when I'm sick I occasionally get a delayed period, like 10 days to two weeks delayed. Most of the time I'm like clockwork though, with a 32 day cycle.

• Like 1