Sign in to follow this  
KnightsofNi

Christmas is So Depressing

KnightsofNi

My kids went to their dad’s house this morning. Ever since then I’ve been alone. I have tried to keep myself busy, but now I’ve just reverted to crying and drinking.

I love, love, love the portion of Christmas with my kids. The rest can go suck it.

Right now I hate my life.

tweedle-dee

Oh Knights, I'm sorry. Hoping tomorrow feels less pressured and you can find something to make your day better than Christmas Day (which can be filled with so many expectations of what the day should be like).

Edited by tweedle-dee
  • Like 1

IamOzgirl

I'm sorry.

I went to bed alone last night and going to bed alone tonight.

I'm right there with you.

ShatteredMadre3

Christmas was so sad here too.(((KnightsofNu))))

• Like 1

AprilEthereal

I'm so sorry KnightsofNi and IamOzgirl and to everyone else having a hard time today.

I have had some sh*tty stuff this Christmas with my family which resulted in us not seeing my mum and that side of the family.

My Dad hasn't been 100 % well either. It was sad seeing him not his usual self.

bubskitkat

Christmas can be really hard for a lot of people.

I’m just enjoying being alone and sleeping due to drinking too much.

Try and use this time for you to relax and recharge.

• Like 1

Freddie'sMum

I'm so sorry it's been hard for you OP and other PPs.

There is this completely unrealistic expectation that Christmas is perfect ! wonderful ! joyful !

And for so many people it isn't. Be gentle with yourself and take care.

• Like 7

KnightsofNi

I'm so sorry it's been hard for you OP and other PPs.

There is this completely unrealistic expectation that Christmas is perfect ! wonderful ! joyful !

And for so many people it isn't. Be gentle with yourself and take care.

I’m not even aiming for perfect. I would like if there was just one person in the world who loved me enough (apart for my kids clearly) to want to see me on Christmas. Alas, not a soul.

Ozquoll
  • Like 1

JBH

I’m so sorry, KoN. It probably doesn’t help, but you are someone on EB I admire greatly. You not only started studying later in life, you chose a really hard degree, and as life dealt you blow after blow you just kept marching through to create a better future and got that amazing job. That takes genuine courage and determination. I hope that you meet some people IRL who recognise your strengths soon.

(Hope that doesn’t sound stalkerish - I remember your story because it is so impressive.)

• Like 7

IamOzgirl

I’m not even aiming for perfect. I would like if there was just one person in the world who loved me enough (apart for my kids clearly) to want to see me on Christmas. Alas, not a soul.

I hear you.

I had people wanting to see me, but not be kind enough to not yell at me or dictate to me their terms.

IamtheMumma

I'm sorry Knights. It sucks to be away from your children.

Without fail, in the week before Xmas, I go into a funk. It is the only time of year I miss being part of a couple.

petal71

I'm sorry yesterday sucked, KoN.

I was lucky enough to be the one to spend Christmas day with DS this year but next year it will be my off year and I totally get it, it really hurts to have to spend (most of) that day without them. It was the one thing that got me the most upset when my X and I were splitting earlier this year - when the mediator asked me how we wanted to do Xmas arrangements and told me usually kids alternate between parents. But unless you get on well enough to some kind of joint Christmas, then that's the reality. And for those of us with no other family, it is awful.

If it's any consolation, I was at a restaurant for lunch yesterday and several people were eating alone there.

(small town, only place open).

It made me realise how common it is.

KnightsofNi

I’m so sorry, KoN. It probably doesn’t help, but you are someone on EB I admire greatly. You not only started studying later in life, you chose a really hard degree, and as life dealt you blow after blow you just kept marching through to create a better future and got that amazing job. That takes genuine courage and determination. I hope that you meet some people IRL who recognise your strengths soon.

(Hope that doesn’t sound stalkerish - I remember your story because it is so impressive.)

Thanks JBH, it means a lot.