.Jerry.

No-one posts here now, - but 14 today!

.Jerry.

It is comforting to see that fewer people need to post in Babies Born Early any more. It used to be a reasonably busy forum, way back.

But for those that were round ages ago...

My daughter is 14 today!

14 years ago I was in a Due In March 2006 group, but ended up with Preeclampsia. I disappeared from the forums for a bit, as it was the olden days ;) and I didn't have computer access in hospital (phones weren't as fancy then).

I had four weeks in hospital limping me along till DD had to be born at 27 weeks, as things were looking more grim for her and for me - reverse cord flow, placenta breaking down, my health deteriorating.

DD was 810 grams born. She spent 12 weeks in hospital after her birth, with various health issues along the way.

Once I got home, EB was waiting there for me, with messages of concern at my "disappearance" waiting for me and a BBE forum community to help and to follow DD's progress.

She turns 14 today. :) It feels so much more grown up than 13 somehow - really in the teenage years fully.

Time really does fly.

• Like 35

doubledelight

My 31 weekers turned 14 in September and it's so far from the NICU experience but it's still as vivid as yesterday.

Happy Birthday to your teenager. It's amazing the difference that technology and medical advancements have made.

• Like 4

Riotproof

Happy birthday to your DD Jerry. Isn’t medicine amazing?

• Like 1

spr_maiden

Happy birthday to your DD!!!!

Must feel wonderful to celebrate.

Ruf~Feral~es

Oh Happy Birthday - to you both! Its as much a celebration for you as it is for her.

I wasn't here much as when DD was born at 33 weeks (back in 2004) she did so well I felt a little guilty! She is now 15 going on 26, and never ceases to amaze me from the tiny scrap of a thing she started out as.

Well done - it is lovely to hear of successes from such tiny premmies!

CrankyM

Happy birthday to you DD Jerry! How wonderful is modern medicine.

Sentient Puddle

Happy birthday to your DdJerry, a real milestone xxx

Veritas Vinum Arte

Happy Birthday to your DD Jerry.

I was proud of my son turning 14 recently and thinking what a lovely young man he had become, but that is nothing compared to the journey you and your DD undertook.

Congratulations.

kshy

Happy Birthday to your DD

My twins turned 13 last month. I can remember reading yours and others journey once home and gave so much comfort that despite the tiny bubbas we had that things were going to be ok

Amica

I bet that 14 years has gone so fast OP. Happy birthday!!

I've had 2 born early due to severe PE, although I had PE with all 4 pregnancies.

My most recent prem is my now 14 month old - born at 32 weeks, and flown down south at 25 hours old to a tertiary hospital due to being critically unwell. We came very close to losing our baby. I was flown down also (once I got out of intensive care) and spent a further 4 weeks in hospital and another 2 months living at Ronald McDonald House while my husband held the fort at home. I was very very unwell myself and went back into intensive care 3 weeks postpardum. My baby was eventually flown back to our home hospital, and discharged at 44 weeks corrected. A further 5 months was spent on home oxygen, and in and out of hospital due to severe chronic lung disease.

No one on EB missed me lol. Then again, I don't even think I mentioned I was pregnant! I mainly stick to news and politics discussions! I didn't know this subforum existed. I had such wonderful support in and at hospital though, and made life long friends.

This is my baby's second Christmas but first at home so I feel pretty emotional... this time last year things were so different.

Best wishes to all the prems and ex prems in this subforum. They've come so far!

Edited by Amica
  • Like 2