ineedmorecoffee

Is this the beginning of the end for ScoMo?

VigilantePaladin

One can hope....

• Like 1

DontPokeTheBearMum

I would love to say yes, but I have zero faith in the Australian people to kick this farce of a government out of power.

• Like 32

MagsJee

I live in hope

• Like 1

EsmeLennox

I hope so. I have even seen some of my very pro-Liberal FB friends expressing their disgruntlement with his ‘leadership’.

• Like 1

purplekitty

Don't get my hopes up.

Who's the alternative ?

I can only wish that the moderates in the LNP are hatching a dastardly plot but like the GOP in the US what does it say about them that it has gone this far.

• Like 4

redsocks

If he goes, we end up with Dutton until the next election. Would love it if some of the few remaining progressives in the Liberal party resign and become independents and start voting against the government

• Like 2

Bethlehem Babe

Don't get my hopes up.

Who's the alternative ?

I can only wish that the moderates in the LNP are hatching a dastardly plot but like the GOP in the US what does it say about them that it has gone this far.

Dutton the dark lord?

• Like 3

seayork2002

Till the next one, then the next one, then the next one rinse and repeat

• Like 1

PhillipaCrawford

He has flown the family to Perth. Smoke was causing issues for DDs asthma. Now I am glad the child can bevoutvof harms way, but surely he can't have it both ways.

• Like 4

Chaotic Pogo

That’s going to play well.

Is he flying all the other asthmatic kids to Perth, or are they not aspirational enough?

• Like 11

Riotproof

He has flown the family to Perth. Smoke was causing issues for DDs asthma. Now I am glad the child can bevoutvof harms way, but surely he can't have it both ways.

Wow.

• Like 3

ineedmorecoffee

Well my sinuses and one ear is blocked from all the smoke, can I please be flown to Perth aswell?

• Like 3

MooGuru

Is that actually true? Ive seen comments it was the onion or betoota that initially shared it?

Don't get me wrong it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was true just wondering where the story came from as I keep seeing comments about it but haven't seen the actual story anywhere so far.

I have no faith in our politicians and I have very little faith in the general public.

• Like 1

PhillipaCrawford

MG you are correct. I did some more searching and it wasn't a reputable source. Apologies I should have checked beyond my own echo chamber.

• Like 4

Riotproof

The sad thing is when satire is so believable.

• Like 16

Fifteenyears

Nah. News poll says he’s doing just fine. Winning ‘preferred PM’ by a country mile. And his rusted on don’t believe in climate change anyway.

• Like 1

steppy

Nah. News poll says he’s doing just fine. Winning ‘preferred PM’ by a country mile. And his rusted on don’t believe in climate change anyway.

Or art.

• Like 1

Amica

Agree with 14 years. He is more popular now than he was at the election. Nothing sticks to this mob, nothing.

• Like 2

Lucrezia Bauble

i think maybe we need to pin our hopes on the Left coming up with something to “wow” the disillusioned swinging voters and those on the centre, rather than hope the electorate will magically “wake up” to Morrison and the rest of the LNP - i mean, essentially all they need to do is what they’re doing now, ie, nothing with the occasional dog whistle - and they’ll win. something is speaking to the “silent majority” - Labor needs to find out what that is, speak the language and then get into power and go about doing what they were planning to do anyway - beat the LNP at their own game.

• Like 2

Lucrezia Bauble

...having said all that, bold prediction: Morrison will win the next election (or LNP will if there’s a leadership spill) and the Tories will win on Thursday (yes i know that’s the UK! but the same thing is being replicated in all liberal democracies).

• Like 3

Ozquoll
  • Like 2

IamtheMumma

I wish but nope, the people who can sway/buy votes continue to support LNP. There are no other alternatives in the LNP to put forward as PM.

Can we do a no confidence vote in the parliament? It would require an Australia wide collection. I don't know if enough people would agree.

~Jolly_F~

I wish but sadly no it isn’t.

I wish EB was representative of the wider Australian society but again sadly it is not. People are hateful and they think he is good bloke and represents us well.

I hope one day soon the tides will turn but it won’t be before too much damage is done.

I truly hate that this is Australia right now and the people who made it so - you suck!

• Like 6