Sign in to follow this  
MrsJ13

TTC NO#2 scared!

MrsJ13

Hi!

I've come back after 4 years! My DS is now 3 and a half, happy, healthy and beautiful!... bit of a background for me, we tried for our DS for about 15months - by the end I was in a pretty dark place - depressed and anxious about not falling pregnant. I was prescribed Zoloft by a GREAT OB who I trust completely anyway I fell pregnant that month, tried to wean myself off Zoloft but then fell into crippling antenatal anxiety long story short I went back on Zoloft... even tho my pregnancy was pretty straight forward my anxiety along with the hormones was at times so hard which was hard to fathom as I longed for a baby and to be pregnant for so long... anyway here we are trying for another baby... it's been 9 months and this month I think I've either had a chemical pregnancy or dodgy tests as now even a digital is saying not pregnant... anyway once I seen that positive line i was happy for about 1 minute then all that anxiety came crashing... it felt like PTSD or something... anyway I'm due for AF in a few days and I'm so mixed with emotions - now that I think I'm probably not pregnant I'm somewhat relieved as the anxiety has subsided but now I kinda feel I want to be pregnant... I'm a mess lol so I guess I'm asking is this normal with TTC no #2? I'm 32 and I feel content with just my DS but I also want a sibling for him... I guess I'm just scared...

chicken_bits

Hi OP,

I'd be getting onto a perinatal psychiatrist to help you navigate another pregnancy.

I developed severe postnatal anxiety after my first child was born and was put onto a fantastic perinatal psychiatrist who helped me through that and then helped me through TTC our second child (which included 2 early miscarriages). I managed the post partum period with our 2nd child much better than our first because I had so much support from her and she'd helped me put strategies in place beforehand to manage as well.

If you're located in Melbourne, PM me and I can recommend a great practice for you.