Sign in to follow this  
oneplusabun

Best credit cards for travel

oneplusabun

I am sure this has been discussed before but I am not that good at using the search function. I have been researching and Bankwest 'Zero' Mastercard looks to be a good option for travel. Are there any others that you would recommend with low/no international transaction fees?

Thank you!

barrington

Try the citibank travel card. It holds multiple currencies.

Billy Shears

Our Macquarie card recently abolished fees for international transactions

born.a.girl

We use the 28 degrees card, no transaction fees and a great exchange rate. No annual fee and a good length of time to pay. In the past people have said the Citibank debit card also has no international transaction fees.

Just beware the exchange rates used with travel cards, if you don't use the funds you then pay again to convert them back to A$.

Also, if you're interested in point collecting, which i've just thrown myself headlong in to (but wasn't appropriate for us until recently) the ANZ travel rewards card does not charge transaction fees. It does however have an annual fee (but also benefits such as a domestic return etc which for us cancels the fee).

• Like 1

Apageintime

I have a 28 degrees card, and an ING debit card. Both have no international currency conversion fees

8LittleAustralians

I've used the ANZ travel rewards card for a few years now. Like every card, so long as you can pay back what you buy in time, then it's great. I've never paid interest, but I could see it getting rather expensive if I did. Also get travel insurance, return domestic flight and lounge passes. I've got a few free flights with the earned points also.

IamOzgirl

I have a 28 degrees card, and an ING debit card. Both have no international currency conversion fees

This

-Emissary-

I have the Bankwest Zero credit card for credit and Citibank debit card for withdrawals.

Both have been great to used, incurs no fees and offer a pretty competitive exchange rate.

born.a.girl

I should clarify, that any comment of mine assumes you're paying off the credit card before the due date, and not paying any interest.

If you are not paying off the credit card in full, a whole other set of considerations come into play.

2bundles

We have Bankwest and it has been great, but they have just changed their travel insurance policy, so I’m looking around again now.

BornToLove

We have used our ING debit card the last few years. It’s been great, no problems using it anywhere. Highly recommend if you want to avoid credit cards when travelling.

YodaTheWrinkledOne

We have a BankWest CC for travelling, it's been fine.

antiq

I have 28 degrees and Citibank both have no transaction fees.