CoffeeGuy

Changing child care subsidy works hours

UndergroundKelpie

So confused by Underground Kelpie’s situation as I swear they also work at least part time but anyway.

Coffee Guy, contact Centrelink ASAP to update your situation. Hopefully it can all be sorted.

Disabled people work

Beanette

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your job Coffeeguy, take care xx

ipsee

You could consider volunteering for the minimum hours a week to keep 1 day of daycare. It is good to have continuity at one daycare if you can.

MadMarchMasterchef

Is it possible to get an exemption / extension from CL for 2 weeks for the notice period?

It does seem a bit unfair if not.

My understanding was looking for work allows you 2 days of CCS as a friend was in that situation after losing her job. A lot of childcare centres have 2 day minimum as some kids find 1 day a week disruptive so if they only allowed 1 day of CCS that also doesnt help people who lose their job.

Crazyone26989

The less you work the less hours you are eligible for.

Yes but PP has done a special application so that’s not relevant in that circumstance.

nom_de_plume

You’re still entitled to 36 hours per fortnight if you’re searching for work. You can also apply for the additional CCS which will give you a higher subsidy for up to 100 hours per fortnight while exempting you from the activity test. This will buy you enough time to give notice to drop days without being financially penalized.

• Like 1

afterlaughter

Yes but PP has done a special application so that’s not relevant in that circumstance.

I understand that but the person I was answering didn’t seem to understand why others have low hours.

Crazyone26989

I understand that but the person I was answering didn’t seem to understand why others have low hours.

I assumed it was directed at me as you quoted me? Either way, yes, less hours worked means less eligible hours!

CoffeeGuy

Update:

Work trial is lined up in the new year but for now I'm sitting at home looking after baby without childcare.

There was a child care hours task complete on My Gov required child care subsidy which I have completed and I expect about $1,600 refund for the month at day care.

I'll organize more childcare next year so I can work at the new job.

• Like 1