seayork2002

When your child starts high school? (centerlink)

seayork2002

I just got as letter from Centerlink as we stopped DS's OOSH (B/A) because he is finishing up soon, I then thought this is it I don't have to deal with centerlink anymore.

But then I thought do I? I know there is no OOSH/BA in high school but is there any other reason I need to let them know anything? or any other government department (other than the school)

I am thinking not?

lozoodle

I wouldn't imagine so if all you are using is CCS. I'm only using it for OOSH and can't wait til i am done with it!

seayork2002

I wouldn't imagine so if all you are using is CCS. I'm only using it for OOSH and can't wait til i am done with it!

same - I thought so thanks, I just had flashbacks of the many hours I was in the queue for my mum for my siblings (thankfully for DS it has only ever been for childcare/OOSH online)

CrankyM

Me too!

Mollyksy

No FTB Seayork? Even claiming at tax time?

Claudia Jean

I haven't dealt with centrelink since I stopped using ohsc. Very happy to be done with it!.

seayork2002

No FTB Seayork? Even claiming at tax time?

I don't think so

It's Percy

I've never dealt with Centrelink. Having lived overseas until a year ago, and not having kids who use BS or OOSH, and knowing we are well over the FTB threshold, I don't see why I need to contact them at all! So I haven't. Registering the kids for Medicare (as they'd never lived here) was enough of a nightmare to put me off having anything to do with that office again!!!

#notallcats

What about vacation care?

Mollyksy

I don't think so

Well in that case, pop the champagne!! DS is FYOS so it's a ways off for me yet!

seayork2002

Thanks for the reminder! but he doesn't go. So looking like nothing which is very good

• Like 1

CrankyM

Most vacation care places are not licenced to have kids older then 12. So there are very very few high school aged vacation care places. And even then you need to apply for an exemption for CCS to still be applied. It cut off once they turn 12.

Edited by mayahlb
  • Like 1