LZTM

Lower abdominal tightness in early pregnancy

LZTM

Hi all,

Tested positive yesterday at 11 DPO / approx. 3w4d so very early days.

Today and the previous 2 days I have felt a real tightness and a slight discomfort in my lower abdomen throughout most of the day. I don’t remember this occurring with my first, or rather certainly not this early on. It isn’t cramping, it’s just a dull constant feeling.

Has anyone else experienced this?

cvbn

I remember a very 'heavy feeling' around my pelvic area, when I was early pregnant with my twins.

I requested an ultrasound as I had concerns but I know I had to push to get one (it was 20 years ago)

Can you talk to your GP, OP, are you okay?

Soontobegran

This sensation is usually quite normal as the increased blood supply to the pelvic organs occurs gives us a fullness feeling.

Also with subsequent pregnancies you often feel things quite differently with Braxton Hicks contraction sometimes being very present in the first trimester.

Good luck...hope all goes well.

LZTM

Hi both!

Thank you for your responses.

I’m okay, just slightly concerned as it is something new to me and so early on in the pregnancy. I have a GP appointment for first bloods on Friday so will mention this then also.

@cvbn I wonder if it could be a twin thing? I was surprised at how dark the positive was on the FRER at 11DPO and then today another clear line on an IC.

• Like 1

cvbn

I had an extremely early preg test result with mine but have since been told it was purely a coincidence, so, who knows? :yes:

Good luck, I loved my warm heat bag (not too hot)

• Like 1

Jelly11

With my DD the one symptom that told me I was pregnant was a sort of tightness in my lower abdomen. Any other symptoms (sore boobs, cramps etc) could also be a pms symptom. The tightness is what made me test earlier than planned and see my bfp.

• Like 1

LZTM

Thankful for EB archives! I went back to my due in group from my DS (5 years ago now!) and I actually described feeling exactly the same as I am now then. I suppose I just forgot! Relieved :)

• Like 2