Sign in to follow this  
zebra99

Returning to Aus, help with choosing providers

zebra99

We are a family who have been living overseas for the past few years and are returning to Melbourne next month. We have 3 kids.

I've finished working so am trying to do some research to prepare as best I can! Amongst my list I would like some advice on the following:

- Private health insurance - what are the best comparison sites that actually give you a good comparison of different providers? I really find it so confusing! We will need Dental, and some extras as oldest son plays loads of sport, DH has glasses too.

- Mobile phone providers / plans - can anyone recommend a good basic pay as you go for my teenagers? We already have our phones so we just need a $ friendly option that includes some data too. We will not get a home phone this time so will be only using our mobiles. Or are there any suggestions for good value contracts (even though I really dislike having to sign up for long term plans if this is more cost efficient we may need to go that way). Living in the south east suburbs so I don't think network should be an issue.

- Best place to search for deals on gas/electricity?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide :yes:

Edited by zebra99

Veritas Vinum Arte

We use Kogan for the kids mobiles. Unlimited calls/text and data limits depends on your plan.

Gas/electricity can depend on where you are living.

zebra99

Fantastic! Thank you!

tothebeach

For mobiles, Kogan or Aldi. You can get 12 month deals which work well for teenagers. My son has 24GB and works out to round $20 per month. Unlimited calls and texts.

IamOzgirl

Oh and dodo were advertising a new $5 plan for kids today

But I find Optus are the best for family data sharing.

-Emissary-

Boost is another good one for prepaid sim. They have 365 days prepaid with unlimited calls and text and comes with 80 gigs for $150.

They use the Telstra network.

IamzFeralz

Both my kids are on Kogan 365 day prepaid plans. If you time it right they sometimes run specials in which they give you lots of extra data. I make sure however once the account is set up I turn off auto recharge so I can shop around when the time is up.

zebra99

Thanks all for the tips!