2020selfcare

Bachelor of Commerce majoring in marketing or bachelor of international hotels & resort management

2020selfcare

Hi I am confused of what the best bachelor degree to do?

Currently I work in hospitality so completing the bachelor of international hotels and resort management majoring in marketing but recently we had a guest speaker in which stated not to pigeonhole ourselves hence why I might change over to bachelor of commerce majoring in marketing?? Help , advice on which way to go??

Kiwi Bicycle

Actually I don't think it reakly matters. It's the skill set you learn.

My sister did a B. Com majoring in internatiknal business. She really wanted to do hotel management but couldn't. She started working in marketing then got a job doing PA work in a hotel. From there she tranfserred into their intership program, was posted to do events after finishing and then left the hotel industry for the event management field and still works in that. The hotel industry is huge but people seem to transfer in and out of it all the time.

People will look at your skill set and what you have done, not if it's " only hotel work" and I think that's what the guest speaker was trying to say. Do what interests you the most.