Just Jack

Extra-curricular activities

BeAwesome

8 year old: cheer, flute, speech & drama, swimming

11 year old: singing, guitar, violin, musical theatre, taekwondo.

Green Sage

DS is 5, school next year. He does swimming once a week and that’s enough for me and probably him, but mainly me. Between both sons, next year I will have school, kinder, swimming, therapies, part time work, holidays, and general family and friend events that average put to be once a fortnight, to schedule, organise, and remember. Plus there are the school and kinder things, excursions, fund raisers, fetes, stalls, interviews, homework, etc. I just can’t handle any more “things”.

If the kids want to do extras, then DH has to organise and manage them and take the kids. Which means weekends only, which is when we already have swimming, so not sure how that would work.

nom_de_plume

We let the kids do 2 extra curriculars per year. Currently they all do swimming. The oldest two are ready to go to squad. The boys do cricket and soccer depending on the season. The girl does gymnastics but wants to change to basketball next year. They all learn piano but those lessons are through school and run in class time.

For FYOS we started off with just the swimming and didn’t start another sport until the end of the first term. It would have been too much for my kids.

AllyK81

DS is FYOS this year. He loves his sleep so we did wind everything back and then slowly reintroduce. He loves swimming, ninja training, auskick in winter and cricket in summer.

DD was 4 in July and is a ball of energy (like her mother!). She does ballet, jazz, tap, acro, solo and swimming and copes just fine and will be fine next year when she starts full time ELC for kinder.

All kids are different and you'll know what is a good fit. DD would do more if I let her!!

EPZ

I thought same but full time is different to P/T school hours.

• Like 1