Sign in to follow this  
Lallalla

3 year old children and 8 month old border collie puppies have so much in common

Lallalla

So I should have seen this coming. I had my first 3 year old child 2 years ago and first border collie puppy last year.

I now have both 3 year olds and a 2nd border collie puppy and they are, just, so, similar. It’s more than being a ball of energy that is playful, clumsy and hilarious, and totally lacking impulse control. That I saw coming. They are also all going through a bit of teenage-like rebellion, where they know what they are supposed to do/what you are asking and do the opposite anyway. Luckily for their sake both puppies and 3 year olds are cute.

Actually when I think about it this has been going on for a while, I toilet trained all 3 of them around the same time too...

Jenflea

My 9 yr old commented on how much like a toddler our 7 month old kitten is.

I just laughed at her.

blueskies12

Haha yes, this is true!

We have just got a puppy. We have a 22 month old and a 4 year old. It is quite amazing how much energy they all need to run off to be happy.

We are really amazed at how quiet this puppy is, how he comes when he is called, doesn't whinge about his dinner...and they say puppies are hard work!

• Like 1

AsperHacker

I have a 6 month old cattle cross mastiff. The size of a mastiff with the smarts of a cattle with the attitude of a toddler. I wanted a 4th child without having another child... How wrong I was to forget what puppies are like!