Riotproof

Apple TV+ subscription service

Riotproof

Apparently, we have a free year of subscription to this. I’m not sure why though.

Has anyone else had a look? I watched about 10 minutes of the morning news one and realised I care less about the behind the scenes, than I do about the actual morning news.

I did watch the first episode of Dickinson which is a comedy about the life the Emily Dickinson, which I think has some real potential.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/apple-tv-plus-every-show-movie,news-29720.html

Edited by Riotproof

seayork2002

Thanks, will look into this - may be a silly question but is Apple TV just like Netflix etc. where you pay and watch on any device or just through a special apple tv?

• Like 1

Riotproof

It’s not a silly question but I have no idea, sorry.

It’s on my Apple TV box. What I find weird is it’s really hard to get all the subscription content in one place. It’s just kind of plonked in between all the ones you can hire or buy on iTunes.

• Like 1

pinkflamingo

We bought DD a new iPad so got free subscription because of that.

I really like The Morning Show (wars in Aus), can’t wait for the next episode to drop.

We also watched the first episode of See ft. Jason Momoa. I was actually surprised how interested I was, well other than the small amount of violence, as I had no interest in GOT.

That’s about it so far.

Edited by byjingo
  • Like 1

GlitteryElfFarts

We have Apple TV but mainly use it to watch Netflix and run iTunes through the tv.

Dadto2

Apple TV is a piece of hardware, a media streaming device, you can download apps, stream content from your computer, hire movies from the itunes store and connect to things like Netflix. Most Smart TVs have all the apps that Apple TV provide, so probably superfluous.

Riotproof

Apple TV is a piece of hardware, a media streaming device, you can download apps, stream content from your computer, hire movies from the itunes store and connect to things like Netflix. Most Smart TVs have all the apps that Apple TV provide, so probably superfluous.

I feel like you have kind of missed the point of the thread.

Apple's streaming service to rival Netflix and Amazon is now available. Here's what you need to know about the Apple TV+ subscription service, channels, and content.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/news/apple/tv-streaming-service-3610603/

• Like 1

Scootaloo

We also got a free subscription, didn’t mind the Morning Show one and DD has started the kids one about the ghost in the library which she said was ok.

interesting to see what further content they release. Is it all going to be exclusive new shows to the Apple + service?

Riotproof

Scootaloo, I continued watching the morning show one after people said it was good. Definitely improved. I’m really liking Jennifer Anniston in it.

I think they are only doing original content, because they like charging individually for other brands stuff.

Scootaloo

Scootaloo, I continued watching the morning show one after people said it was good. Definitely improved. I’m really liking Jennifer Anniston in it.

I think they are only doing original content, because they like charging individually for other brands stuff.

that makes sense, they can’t charge you on iTunes what you can get through a subscription service.

we are quite enjoying the Morning show, even DH is keen to see more which surprised me.

• Like 1

MakesMeHappy

We also got a free year, it wasn’t very clear, but I eventually worked out it is because we got a new iPhone, although that was a good month.

I haven’t started watching yet but I have seen the ads for the morning show so will probably start there.

• Like 1

Riotproof

I think the first ep is a bit blah, but I liked it after that.

can'tstayaway

DH likes it. He was teaching me how to use it last night. He said it will make using all our other streaming services much easier because the interface is user friendly.

Riotproof

Has anyone watched Servant?

• Like 1

Scootaloo

me! Although I am only 2 eps in. Are you watching? What do you think?

• Like 1

Riotproof

It just gets weirder and weirder. Liking it though I think perhaps not a good idea to watch late at night.

Also, Rupert Grint is so good.

The morning show is still good, but I’m not hanging out for Friday for it.

Edited by Riotproof
  • Like 2

pinkflamingo

DH wants to watch it, the preview was enough to give me the heebie jeebies, lol, so that’s a no from me :)

• Like 1

Riotproof

DH wants to watch it, the preview was enough to give me the heebie jeebies, lol, so that’s a no from me :)

It is so bizarre. Last nights episode had me all over the place.

Veritas Vinum Arte

We purchased an Apple TV box so got the subscription with that.

I like the Peanuts (Snoopy)

Coffeegirl

Servant has started creeping me right out.

and after the first couple episodes, The Morning Show has grown on DH and I.

There’s really not a lot of content available and I can see why they’ve offered the subscription for free. I wouldn’t pay for what they are offering now

IamOzgirl

Omg the morning show!! Ep 10, wow!

Clementinerose

I wouldn’t pay for it. I set up our 12 months free last night and was so disappointed that everything the kids wanted to watch we needed to pay extra for.

It’s definitely not worth the 7.99 a month they charge for it

• Like 1

pinkflamingo

I wouldn’t pay for it. I set up our 12 months free last night and was so disappointed that everything the kids wanted to watch we needed to pay extra for.

It’s definitely not worth the 7.99 a month they charge for it

We haven’t had to pay anything extra? Everything is available to watch. We also got 12 months free

Not Escapin Xmas

I find the navigation rubbish plus the fact that there are only about 10 ‘free’ shows. Not impressed so far.

Not Escapin Xmas

I find the navigation rubbish plus the fact that there are only about 10 ‘free’ shows. Not impressed so far.

• Like 2