kitkatswing

Ways to earn extra cash?

Anon wife

Could your husband be an Uber driver? I have heard it can be very flexible & ok money

• Like 1

kitkatswing

Could your husband be an Uber driver? I have heard it can be very flexible & ok money

No, we dont have a car good enough for Uber..

born.a.girl

No, we dont have a car good enough for Uber..

Same for my daughter thinking of doing Sheba, despite the fact that her car is in very good condition. Can't remember what the age limit is, think it's five years ????

Toby123

45 isn’t old at all! At least 20 years more in working life or longer.

Could you get before / after school care and he could get a FT role?

JomoMum

Child care subsidy should be significant for you based on the incomes you are suggesting - can you enrol child in OOSH for this time?

Greatmum

So are u in Sydney? Did your DH search might shift jobs?

kitkatswing

So are u in Sydney? Did your DH search might shift jobs?

No sorry, in Melbourne.

Child care subsidy should be significant for you based on the incomes you are suggesting - can you enrol child in OOSH for this time?

What is OOSH??

But seriously

after school care - worth looking at so school pick ups are not such a problem

• Like 1

SallyJay

Sounds like getting a full time job Monday to Friday or even Saturday would be a good priority for your husband. Unless his business is bringing in sufficient profit after all expenses that should be done after work hours.

• Like 2

petal71

By the sounds of your situation, I'd be trying to reduce expenses rather than earn more income to be honest, as it sounds like the situation is temporary.

I would really counsel anyone against a craft-based business unless you happen to have the best idea & craft skills ever and business skills to match. Even then it would take several yrs to get off the ground. I know this from hard experience - online store, markets etc for 3 years, eventually just made enough to cover the phone bill!

However, sewing as an odd job might work, but depends on how many other ppl in your area are doing it.

I have just had my house on the market too, and agree it is so hard to keep to that level of clean for an extended period. It does curtail your energy for other things.

I would also think about dog-walking and child minding over the leaflet dropping type stuff. I picked up a flyer from a lady advertising around here (rural town) and she was charging $20 PH for dog walks and $30 PH for childcare, which she wasn't going to reduce for more than one child. (I don't think she will get any of the latter work as to pay $60 P/H for 2 kids for private OOHSC is very steep given school-based is $15 or less per child for 2.5 hrs.)

• Like 1

YumChaTheSecond

If you're near enough to me in Melbourne, I always need pants taken up -- not exactly steady income for you but I'd rather help you out with my business than the shop down the road. I promise not to sue you!

• Like 1

Greatmum

Can he work weekends?? My friends DH works 12 hour shifts sat sun mon. So he can b home with the kids the other days and she works 9-5 mon-fri.

kitkatswing

If you're near enough to me in Melbourne, I always need pants taken up -- not exactly steady income for you but I'd rather help you out with my business than the shop down the road. I promise not to sue you!

Thank you :)

I am in the Western Suburbs,.

Can he work weekends?? My friends DH works 12 hour shifts sat sun mon. So he can b home with the kids the other days and she works 9-5 mon-fri.

He is usually working weekends at his casual job.

Baily

Definitely hems repairs ect

• Like 1

Wahwah

I'd second Airtasker...I haven't done the tasks, but I've posted jobs and got people to do things for me. Your husband could choose the tasks that suit his schedule. There's easy stuff like helping move furniture, or picking up items and delivering from one suburb to another, gardening, etc.

• Like 1

kitkatswing

So I made this dress Friday night for my daughter. I've had a few friends want one, so I have a little extra cash coming in from that now! :)post-248299-0-89618200-1573594041_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Jersey Caramel

Do you have any flybuys/credit card points that could be cashed in for Coles/Woolworths vouchers? That would then free up the cash you would usually spend on the weekly shop.

Do you have anything that other people might like to rent out? A friend of mine has one nice designer dress that she has rented out so many times it has more than paid for itself!

If you are near a university campus, there are often research studies where they will pay for your time. Similarly your husband could sign up with market research companies. They often need people available at short notice and can pay up to $200 or so for a few hours.

Cute dress!!