fillyjonk

My son's wonder camera

fillyjonk

My son has a kiddy version of a go-pro that he has absolutely loved (on and off) since he got it as a present when he was six (he's now nearly 11).

The other day I heard ominous clunking in the dryer. His camera had gone through the wash and about 10 minutes of a dryer cycle. It was turned on when I rescued it but the buttons weren't working.

We turned it off with the reset button and it wouldn't go back on. He went so far as to throw it in the bin but went back later and rescued it.

He took the SD card any it turned on but it would not access the photos on the sd card and the camera was working but kind of blurry and all but the brightest colours showed like sepia.

He burst into tears and went to bed. I put it in dry rice.

Next day it saw the sd card but the camera was still the same.

This evening he's just checked and the camera colours are back! There are still some spots (pooled water?) But they seem to be getting better too.

It still won't turn on with the SD card inserted but recognises after inserting.

We'll keep up the rice treatment and back up his photos.

But I'm very impressed and do happy for him.

Edited by Fillyjonk
  • Like 3

got my tinsel on

I've got my fingers crossed his camera makes a full and speedy recovery.

Sancti-claws

That is pretty amazing if it does come back from that!!

wilding

I read this lastnight but went to bed before I could comment. It's good to hear that it has come back from the brink, my heart felt a little sad for him when I first read about it.

• Like 1