Sign in to follow this  
Sheeva33

A short trip with a 7 weeks

Sheeva33

Hi I will need to fly to Syd from Mel when my DD is 7 weeks(after hers first immunization) . I am going to stay at a hotel with her and my partner for 3-4 days. I am just a bot hesitant of the hotel issue.. the cleanness, where she sleeps how to sterilize her dummies, and how to bathe DD etc.. anyone with similar experience?

JoanJett

For sleep, options include:

the bassinet attachment for your pram, if you have one

hotel provided cot (most provide for a small fee if you notify)

your own travel cot if you have one

For sterilising dummies:

most hotel rooms have a kettle, so boiled water with dummies in a coffee cup for 10 minutes would be ok

For bathing:

shower with your bub

a "bird bath" with a warm flannel

bathe with your bub if there is a bathtub

for 3-4 days, newborns don't really even need a bath

OP, it's pretty overwhelming travelling for the first time with your first baby. I responded in your previous post about flying. You can do it. And if you don't feel you can manage it, or it feels overwhelming, it's ok to say no - babies are a good excuse for all sorts of things.

Good luck.

• Like 1

~Bob~

I flew Sydney to Perth when my eldest was 10 weeks. I was overwhelmed, but it was fine. The flight was amazing. He breastfed and slept in the bassinet the whole time. I took the microwave sterilizer with me and put it in their microwave. I can't remember about baths, but a newborn will be fine for a few days with a wipeover. The hotel gave me a cot.

Edited by ~Bob~
  • Like 1

nasty buddha

If you plan on doing future trips the stokke bath is good as it folds. I've taken it in my suitcase for trips. You might be able to pick up one second hand if you wanted.

I used to sleep my babies in their bassinets of their pram or a portacot.

• Like 1

lizzzard

I flew with both kids when they were 5 and 8 weeks old from Canada to Australia! Newborns don’t really come into contact with dirty surfaces (not like crawling babies) so I wasn’t worried about the hygiene issue. Looking back I probably should have been more concerned about travelling before they’d had their immunisations but it didn’t cross my mind!

• Like 1

Sheeva33

For sleep, options include:

the bassinet attachment for your pram, if you have one

hotel provided cot (most provide for a small fee if you notify)

your own travel cot if you have one

For sterilising dummies:

most hotel rooms have a kettle, so boiled water with dummies in a coffee cup for 10 minutes would be ok

For bathing:

shower with your bub

a "bird bath" with a warm flannel

bathe with your bub if there is a bathtub

for 3-4 days, newborns don't really even need a bath

OP, it's pretty overwhelming travelling for the first time with your first baby. I responded in your previous post about flying. You can do it. And if you don't feel you can manage it, or it feels overwhelming, it's ok to say no - babies are a good excuse for all sorts of things.

Good luck.

Thank you