~Mintie~

Ready Set Go Girls #283

~Mintie~

Sorry to have let the other thread go so long! Here's the link to the old thread.

Cheers,

~Mintie~

IamOzgirl

gold!

Hey Gabz,

My lining is Fab apparently. They just explained that the drop tells them that I may not be the best environment for the transfer.

Bumbleflop

IamOzgirl

Bumble. Who knows! Lol

I actually was thinking a freeze all cycle originally, but then They explained the there is a grade of embryo which is transfer quality but not freeze quality and I asked them to transfer that first rather than throw away.

I also have realised not being PUPO on my sons anniversary might be a good thing.

Bumbleflop

IamOzgirl

Yes, I am very much in the camp of thinking fresh transfer is not the best. But don't want to waste and emby either!

Has anyone seen anything on how to increase estrogen? Or why it would drop? I was wondering stress or lack of sleep?

Bumbleflop

IamOzgirl

Yeah, but my are lower than they would like I guess.

I'm sure too high is not great wither. But mine was perfect on Tuesday and dropped in half 3 days later.

MissHLH

Hi All - I might join in here. I started my first IVF cycle today, well, my first injection. I'm doing this alone, using donor sperm. I'm 39, had bad endo, so might not get lucky, but want to at least try.

MSDC

Morning All... I had my EPU on Saturday and they collected 4 mature eggs. They thawed my 3 frozen eggs and as of yesterday (Day 1) we had 4 possibly 5 fertilize.

I'm feeling so on edge, we need these to make it to Blastocyst (Day 5 or 6) and then they'll be frozen and sent off for PGT.

Best of luck to you MissHLH and welcome to this rollercoast ride!

IamOzgirl

Hi All - I might join in here. I started my first IVF cycle today, well, my first injection. I'm doing this alone, using donor sperm. I'm 39, had bad endo, so might not get lucky, but want to at least try.

Hi Miss HLH,

*waves* and says mee too :-)

Where do you live?

Your post has confirmed I really need to start a donor family thread.

I'm going to do it now.

Bumbleflop
  • Like 1

Gabbitz

Hi missHLH, welcome to the group.

I’m on a donor cycle too at the moment (donor eggs) also due to bad endo. Hope it all goes well for you.

Bumbleflop, sorry to hear about the BFN. Any negative stings badly. I hope your next cycle goes better. Supposedly sildenafil increases blood flow which should help the uterus lining to grow. I haven’t used that drug, but have used some other ones for a similar purpose. I found they gave me headaches. Hope you don’t react like that!

Miss DC, that was a pretty good result for Saturday. I’m so glad for you. I hope they grow well. Just be aware that between day 3 and day 5, they typically change the medium (liquid stuff) the embies grow in as the change more closely resembles what would happen in the body naturally. Unfortunately sometimes that can mean the embies struggle, but generally means that the embies that do make it have a better chance. Hope you get som great quality embies formed!

BTW, soy may be supposed to increase estrogen, but I’ve also heard it’s meant to reduce fertility. I’ve been off soy altogether for ages. Didn’t want to risk it!

• Like 1

MSDC

Thanks Bumble & Gabbitz - I'm trying to keep my mind occupied and thinking I might just wait until Friday before checking in to see how they are coming along (if I can). I know the stats aren't too great here but I'm trying to remain positive.

IamOzgirl

Bumbleflop, I'm still stimming.

EPU should be on Friday. But fingers crossed estrogen picked up from last Fridays bloods!

Follicles certainly are, I had 8 over 10mm last Friday. I had 8 on my right side only today. I think 4 on my left, maybe 5. All 12mm +

MSDC

Couldn't help myself, had to check in - Day 4 confirms that we still have 4 embies - 2 @ 8mm, 1 @ 9mm and 1 @ 10mm...

So far so good, although I know the next day or two are critical and could be a big game changer...

IamOzgirl - positive vibes coming your way for a strong number of good sized follicles!!

IamOzgirl

Hello!

Scan went well, they haven't told me blood results. I might call in a bit and check.

But EPU confirmed for 930am Friday. Trigger tonight at 930am. have set multiple alarms!

I had 9 follicles over 13/14mm on right alone.

About 6 on the left i think.

• Like 1

Gabbitz

IamOzgirl,

Wow sounds like you’ve stimmed well. Be thinking of you on Friday. Hope it all goes well. Are you still thinking of freezing all or not decided til you hear about potential embryo quality?

MissDC

Glad to hear that at day 4 you’ve still got 4 growing embies. That’s a great sign. I’m not sure about the sizes as I’m familiar with the scientists telling me how many cells are in each or a grading. So I’m not sure how that correlates to good or average. But there are 4 embies at day 4 which is brilliant!

Bumbleflop- hope you’re going ok.

• Like 1

IamOzgirl

Gabz

I am not sure about transfer - that's future Oz's problem! LOL

I just didn't like the choice being taken away from me.

Looks like my estrogen is back up!

Gabbitz

Great news about your estrogen. Wonder what went weird earlier.

IamOzgirl

Yeah, not sure.

I stopped (forgot) melatonin. So started again (googling led me to that) And um also alcohol... I may have started drinking it again! Oops.

Bumbleflop
  • Like 1

Gabbitz

Hey Bumbleflop. Thanks. I have my first scan tomorrow. I’m assuming everything’s still going well as I’ve started getting heartburn and food cravings! Been really craving beef the last couple of days. Normally we eat a lot of chicken - just cheaper, easier meal prep etc not because of any special choice or anything. But none of our chicken options have interested me. I had to go out and buy some steak to cook, but it really hit the spot!

The heartburn part is more annoying and if it runs similar to my son, I’ll have it until the night after I give birth. Oh joy! I found that a tiny bit of toothpaste or peppermint Essence soothes the throat or ice cold water. Good thing it’s coming into summer, so cold water works well!

I’m nervous about the scan tomorrow, but more because I’m not sure whether we’ll really see much. I’m hoping for a heartbeat, but it might still be too early.

I hope AF turns up for you soon. All the waiting time sucks!

Gabbitz

BTW, in terms of day 5 vs day 6 freezing. I think they generally try to freeze at day 5, because typically day 6 is pushing it a bit for good freezing. But day 5 then gives them a bit of growth time when they defrost them too to ensure they are starting to grow after the defrost.

Some of it is also terminology- pretty sure we were told that our embies were all day 5, but when we were given the paperwork, one emby was left a bit longer before freezing as it wasn’t as good quality. So they left it longer to try to confirm it would be capable of freezing. The paperwork confirmed it was left for an extra day, but was still called a day 5 embryo. Go figure.