Sign in to follow this  
elly35

Book suggestions to teach social skills

elly35

Does anyone have any recommendations for books that are great for discussing friendship issues. I have an 8 year old and a 5 year old. Both girls. I remember reading suggestions on EB before but I don't remember which thread

BornToLove

The American Girls Dolls have a series of books on social and friendship issues geared towards preteen/early teen girls. Lots of great ‘scripts’ and ways to handle typical issues for girls in that ages group.

https://www.booktopia.com.au/a-smart-girl-s-guide-friendship-troubles-patti-kelley-criswell/book/9781609582234.html?source=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQjwuNbsBRC-ARIsAAzITufd_o6Zir9obdWZOLspg7G2IPiXygXv-3jeuZngNF_E3vRthn4R0n8aAot9EALw_wcB

DD also has the confidence code for girls which is quite good at general self confidence and interpersonal skills.

https://www.booktopia.com.au/the-confidence-code-for-girls-katty-kay/book/9780062796981.html

elly35

Thanks BornToLove they look like they would be great for my 8 year old

EPZ

Girl Wise by Sharon Witt. She has specific books for friendship, growing up.... just google her name. My DD got a lot out of them and encouraged discussion which was great. I have handed them around to friends and everyone thought they were great.

Charli73

My DD has the Sharon Witt ones also, they are great.

elly35

Thanks so much EPZ and Charli73, I will look them up

• Like 1