seayork2002

Fridge on the top 'normal' - which brand?

seayork2002

We may wait till the New Year but we are looking for a standard fridge on the top fridge probably no more than 500ishL

Does any one have any brands to avoid

We were think Kelvinator/Fisher and Paykel brands as we want a simple straight forward fridge with no bells or whistles.

We don't want it too big as if we move I want to just put it in the new place

thanks

Edited by seayork2002

taters

I bought a hisense fridge/freezer 3 years ago. Fridge is on top. Cost was just over $1000 and its a great size. Havent had any issues with it at all and it looks lovely.

Meepy

Bought an Electrolux two years ago due to energy rating. Electricity bills dropped immediately as we had an old fridge. Added bonus is the fact it keeps the veggies fresh much longer.

Flaxen

We have an Electrolux bottom mount, had it 10 years and it's still great. It's roomy, and can fit heaps on the shelves, not like the side by side fridges.

SeaPrincess

We have a Fisher and Paykel. Love it. My BFF bought the same model.

F&P service is fantastic as well. My washing machine is playing up and I’ll probably get a F&P to replace it.

Jenflea

I love my F&P.

I'm onto my second one, first one lasted 15 years, this one is up to 5 or so I think now.

Also liked the look of Westinghouse at the time.

Paddlepop

I bought a F&P fridge about 3 years ago. It's been great with no problems. It's a top mount fridge with the freezer at the top. The only thing I don't like about it is that it beeps if you have either door open too long.

Try Appliances Online. Their prices are generally cheaper and their delivery is usually cheaper too. I bought my fridge through them. I think they took away the old fridge for no extra cost unlike a bricks and mortar store who would have charged for it.

Keep in mind which side you want the door to open. Not all fridges are available in both left and right hand side opening. Some are only available in one side.