Sign in to follow this  
kido74

Pre-K in PLC/MLC/Santa Sabina (Inner west Sydney)

kido74

Hi all,

Are there any parents having their kids in Pre-K program in inner west? We are looking at options for our daughter who will be 4 in April next year. By calculations I find the daycare costs are pretty much same as the Pre-K program including after school care so I think it'd be much better for her to start pre-k next year. Any recommendations or sharing of your experiences would be much appreciated thanks

robhat

I don't know about those schools in particular, but have you already got her name on waiting lists? Where I am, there is no way you'd get a spot in a pre-school for next year if you hadn't already had your child's name on the wait list since they were 2 years old. Admittedly that's not for pre-k in private schools, but it's worth checking.

• Like 1

Luci

I am thinking the same as the above post. I don’t have any personal experience with those schools, but the waitlists can be very long, the pre K classes can be small so there are not a lot of places available. My 3 children attend private schools elsewhere in Sydney, and started in their preschool programs from the age of 3. I put their names on the waitlist when they were born.

Have you contacted the admissions departments of the schools you are interested in?

• Like 1

Holly298

I have friends with girls in both pre k Santa Sabina and year 1 PLC (who did Pre K ) and all are happy - Santa is a PYP School (international baccalaureate primary program - which my son does at his school) plus Santa is private catholic school and has more religion than PLC and yes I’d call all of the schools ASAP to get waitlisted

• Like 1

kido74

Thanks ladies :) Both PLC and MLC still have some spots for next year pre-K. Santa Sabina already filled all Pre-K places for next year, well this is expected as their fees are cheaper than the other schools while offering similar program and curricular activities. My friend's son also went to Santa Sabina and he really enjoyed it. That's why I was hoping to get a spot for pre-K there but was a bit too late.

It sounds like your friend @Holly298 have good experience with PLC. I feel very welcoming when doing the school tour there too. MLC offers both 3-day and 5-day preK program and they have a different vibe to PLC.

Do you ladies have your kids into a 3-day or 5-day pre-K program at the other schools?

Edited by kido74

Tiara15

Hi Kiddo,

Just to throw a spanner in the works, PLC will be starting a preschool program at Ashfield Presbyterian Church next year. Pre-K is more structured with lessons and similar to being at school whereas preschool is focused around play based learning. You would also have the option of what days to enroll etc

https://www.preschools.plc.nsw.edu.au/

Edited by Tiara15

afterlaughter

If your looking in that general area have you checked out Meriden PreK program. I went to the school and they started PreK while I was attending. I had a good experience at the school. and if Santa Sabina location is convenient then Meriden is also close by.