DQMission

SN wins thread

Mrs Claus

On Monday DS kinder teacher commented on how much his speech has improved since she last saw him end of term 1 and today his speech therapist said he’s doing too well and she can’t keep up with him...

*hes still way behind his peers but it’s nice to see he is improving 

• Like 8

Prancer is coming

That is lovely Mrs Clays.  So nice when others notice a difference.

My DS had his first training session at a new sport on the weekend.  I did not think he was keen on teen sports, can struggle socially  and was not sure how he would go.  I was so proud of him.  I was not allowed to enter the premise, but his sibling was also training and made sure he was in the right spot.  He knew no one else in his team.  He had such a great time!  He could not stop talking about it.  I managed to spy from a afar a few times and he seemed happy, included and was doing what he was meant to.  I had given him a big serve beforehand about appropriate behaviour, that being the first time it would be hard and how I did not want him making silly noises or acting out.  He told me afterwards training was so exhausting there was no way he would have been able to do silly behaviour!

• Like 4

CrankyM

That’s wonderful mrs claus

prancer is coming how wonderful! I hope he continues to find it great

We had to see a locum Pead today but they were wonderful. Nice bedside manner, didn’t talk over the kiddo’s head and explained everything in such a way to him that was easy to understand without being that patronising manner. I’ve not had great times with Locum’s before but our normal pead is great.

• Like 2

DaLittleEd
On 17/07/2020 at 5:22 PM, PocketIcikleflakes said:

I am yes.

DS was assessed by them three years ago and it was a 15 month wait at that time. It sounds like it's closer to the 6 months now which would be great.

I'm tempted to see what wait times are like for private paediatricians near me. I'm guessing around 8 months from what others have said but it's worth checking out.

😏

We had a 12 month wait for the assessment in WA, but were scheduled just as COVID put paid to face-to face appointments which caused a 3 month delay. So it would have only been 9 months if it weren't for covid.

• Thanks 1

PocketIcikleflakes

Thanks! It's great to have recent wait times 🙂

DaLittleEd

No worries. We were also accessing services at CDS while we waited and were happy with them.

• Like 1

Paddlepop

10yo DD passed Maths. She achieved a C. Sure, she's yr 5 doing yr 2 Maths but damn it, she passed. Very happy with that. 

Very good for effort in all subjects, and lovely comments from the teacher. Such a contrast to last year when she had a b**ch of a psycho teacher who hated us and DD, and gave her a terrible report card with fails and poor efforts, and sh*tty comments. 

I love this tactful way of saying that DD likes to complain about having to do some things: "At times,(DD) finds it challenging to show enthusiasm toward her learning." :rofl: :rofl: 

• Like 6

CrankyM

That’s great @Paddlepop

After some initial ups and downs and thinking WTH was I thinking the medication dosage change is settling in well with my boy. He’s reporting it being easier to focus in class.  We’ve also done several days of sentence/grammar work without him losing it, and refusing because “too hard” anxiety and self confidence. 

• Like 4