Sign in to follow this  
Daffy2016

Implanon removal

Daffy2016

I had my implant removed about four weeks ago ahead of ttc no 2. I had some light bleeding after it came out for a few days then all clear.

I’m on day 21 of my cycle and have had cramps yesterday and today, and started bleeding bright red today. It’s come on pretty quickly and not like my normal periods.

Does anyone have experience with this? The cramps are also pretty bad but more around my whole stomach than just in my pelvis like they normally are.

Navy Blue

Not implanon, but I was on Depo shots for a couple of years after DS4 and the same thing happened to me. My cycle soon went back to its normal 31 days but I still get the same whole stomach cramps (think I'm sick at first) then bright red bleeding. I haven't tried to conceive since though as my husband has had a vasectomy.

Could you try an ovulation kit to see where you're at on your next cycle?

• Like 1

Daffy2016

Thanks navy blue, it does sound similar. I think I will try a kit - almost 100 per cent certain I didn’t ovulate with this one.

laridae

Yep, my first period after implanting was awful. Cramps, really heavy bleeding. Lucky I only had one!

• Like 1