Sign in to follow this  
Morton-89

MCDA Twins

Morton-89

Does anyone happen to have any resources or info I can read on MCDA twins? I had my 12 week scan yesterday and they believe now that I have MCDA twins on board not DCDA. I don’t know a whole lot about them and I’d love to read more info ❤️ If you have any info or even your own experiences with what to expect scan and doctors appointment wise it would be a huge help! Thank you :)

cvbn

I had identical twins that shared a placenta, is that what you mean?

My son was originally an MCDA twin pregnancy (we lost the other one at 8 weeks) but I spent 2 weeks very solidly researching everything I could!

Not sure if this will help- it is not the most reader-friendly document- but it is the guidelines that the college of O&G recommend so should give you an idea of what is to come with regards to surveillance (basically a scan every 2 weeks after 16 weeks) and potential complications they are watching for, and has some references to look into. It’s pretty wordy and medicalised though!

Best of luck x

https://ranzcog.edu.au/RANZCOG_SITE/media/RANZCOG-MEDIA/Women%27s%20Health/Statement%20and%20guidelines/Clinical-Obstetrics/Management-of-Monochorionic-Twins-(C-Obs-42)-review-July-2017.pdf?ext=.pdf

ETA: sorry I see that the link is broken but I can’t seem to fix it. Cut and paste may work, otherwise google “RANZCOG monochorionic guidelines”

Edited by 400
  • Like 1

Morton-89

I had identical twins that shared a placenta, is that what you mean?

Yes that’s it :) they thought mine had separate placentas but at my 12 week scan the sonographer said he was 90% sure that they were now sharing a placenta :)

• Like 1

Morton-89

Thanks 400 that link was super helpful!

• Like 1

cvbn

My girls are coming up 20 now. Induced at 35 weeks (due to Obstetric cholestasis) but weighed in at 5 1/2 pound each.

Straight forward vaginal delivery, 5 hours, my quickest by far!

They were in the nursery for 5 days but home within a week. Feed with nipple shields for five weeks and then weaned off them.

Two very healthy active women now. :yes:

I do remember a lot of scans.

Congratulations, I loved having twins.

• Like 1