Sign in to follow this  
Sheeva33

Working mums? Maternity leave

Sheeva33

Hello ladies,

Sooo the long wait is going to finally be over! I am going on my mat leave in 2.5 weeks. My boss and a few of closer colleagues already know when is my last day, however I was wondering if I should shoot an email to everyone and let them know my official leaving day and when should I send that email? Any suggestions? :yes:

molinero

In the month or so leading up to me taking maternity leave I included the details in my auto signature so that the clients and colleagues I was in in touch with during that lead up time could see I would be off work imminently, and perhaps unexpectedly swiftly (should things go that way). I also included the details of when I was returning to work.

e.g. "please note I am due to take parental leave commencing XXX . I will be returning to my role full time on XX."

Adjust the above if you are planning to work only a few days a week upon your return.

• Like 3

ohhhhello

I would put on your email signature your finishing date. I personally wouldn't put a return date because is my h can change (more so with yourself, you can guarantee how u might feel).

I think email signature is a nice gentle way to communicate it.

• Like 2

laridae

Yep, I would not announce that as such. Just put it in your signature line for email.

then make sure you turn your out of office notice on when you leave. If you can access your email from home you should be able to change the message to update return dates etc if needed.

MadMarchMasterchef

Depending on your role I think its a good idea to let people know who they need to contact instead of you, particularly if you perform certain key tasks for the organisation.

But Id check with your manager as they may want to send it themselves.

I hope you enjoy your leave!