Sign in to follow this  
Kattikat

Getting slime out of clothes

Kattikat

Hi everyone,

Dues anyone know how I should go about getting home made slime out of my kids' clothes? It's the one with borax, shaving foam, hand soap, sorbolene, baby oil, cornflour... I got it out of their hair I think but have just chucked the clothes in the laundry, shut the door and backed away as I'm scared. Very scared. They are SO dirty. Hot wash? Cold wash? Eucalyptus oil? Napisan? Soak? Help me pleeeease

can'tstayaway

Nothing but plain vinegar. I use cleaning vinegar because that’s what I have in my laundry.

When I’ve washed them in regular detergent or napisan, it’s set into this crunchy, shiny patch that is impossible to remove.

Edited by can'tstayaway

ccd

Hi,

Just soak the affected area with cheap white vinegar and scrape off with fingernail when it becomes toothpaste consistency.

Just be aware though, if the slime contained food dye, the vinegar will make the dye run.

The clothes can then just be washed like normal.

Kattikat

Thankyou thankyou thankyou, I'll give the vinegar a shot x

xx1stxx

Slime is banned in our house for this very reason.

ceeshell

Rubbing alcohol works, too.

Kattikat

Vinegar did the trick! I tipped white vinegar on the slime, let it sit a few minutes then did a normal cold wash in the machine with regular laundry detergent, clothes are perfect. Phew!

ERipley

I was just about to start a thread about how to get that store-bought clear putty stuff out of clothes. It dries hard too. I’m going to give vinegar a try!

• Like 1