Sign in to follow this  
Bono25

Tubal removal and ablation

Bono25

Not sure where this fits, and just looking for other peoples experiences.

After 2 kids, I'm going to be getting my tubes removed, and the surgeon is also going to do an ablation at the same time.

I didn't really have really heavy periods before, and I know people who have had an ablation before for really heavy bleeding.

has anyone had any problems after having this kind of surgery? I'm not remotely nervous about it (unusual for me), to honest I just want it over and done with because I'm sick of taking the pill (which is messing me up royally, so I have to take zoloft as well which keeps giving me panic attacks), just looking for experiences :)

Thanks

lazycritter

I've had my tubes tied. With no side affect that I know of. I've been in zoloft since the first child anyway..

What's the reasoning for the ablation as a well as removing the tubes?

Bono25

She said it was to help deal with the risks of any heavy bleeding as I near menopause. To be honest, if it means no or light periods, I'll be cheering!

Apple14

I had my tube taken when he was in there doing the ablation. (I only had one as I had one removed in my early 20s due to a cyst twisting it and basically killing it)

Figured I was well done having kids so may as well get it all cleared out.

No problems so far-one day of bleeding in 7mths, so am stoked!

• Like 1