Sign in to follow this  
Hands Up

Recommend a condenser dryer?

Hands Up

Obviously I’ll look at reviews online too but would appreciate anyone that has a condenser dryer in a cupboard that does what it should (I.e dries effectively without pushing moisture into the air. Thanks!

~LemonMyrtle~

We have a Bosch heat pump dryer, 10kg, and it’s been great. Drains straight into the sink. No moisture in the air. Clothes come out nice and soft and dry.

MIL has a base model Miele condenser dryer and that’s really good too. It’s in an apartment and doesn’t heat up the place too much. I was tossing up between the two, but I think my Bosch was bigger and cheaper than the Miele equivalent.

• Like 2

humphreybear

Don’t go Electrolux. I replaced mine inside 3 years (after several call outs).

My Miele is great

Prancer is coming

I have a Miele heat pump dryer and we are best friends. It is not in a cupboard but a very narrow laundry. If I use it for a few loads I might get some minor condensation on the window, but that is it.

I love the heat pump ones. Expensive to buy, but cheap to run and great on clothes. We were recently on holiday and had an Ariston washer dryer combo. It dried everything by just blasting hot air and everything seemed a tiny bit smaller when it came out. Our Miele is so much gentler, clothes are never over hot and plenty of sensors so it shuts off when items are dry.

IamOzgirl

Dont get a condenser alone,

Heat pump and a pure condenser are two different types of dryers.

I have a Samsung Heat pump condenser, highly recommenced. I got a factory second that is dinged up. still works great!

• Like 1

Hands Up

Thanks lamOzgirl!

• Like 1

JoanJett

I have a 8.5kg Bosch heat pump condenser dryer. 6 star energy rating. It doesn't push moisture into the air. I've had it 5 years - it was a bigger upfront investment (around $2000+ new), but it's been well and truly worth it for convenience and energy savings. I can even put woollens in it.

• Like 2

MooGuru

We had a fisher paykel - wouldn't get another.

Have had an lg one for about 3 months. So far so good but it's too new to know.

Grew up with condenser dryer in the kitchen

Eta the lack of moisture is great. Ours drain straight in to the sink

Edited by MooGuru

rosie28

We have the Bosch Serie8, and it’s been fantastic so far, no moisture in the air.

LittleBrownMouse

Same. It’s a piece of rubbish.

It dries well enough but has repeatedly broken down and has been repaired multiple times.

Never again.

Lallalla

Ours was an Aldi special about 6-12 months ago. So far it is great - don’t know how often they get them though

MooGuru

Same. It’s a piece of rubbish.

It dries well enough but has repeatedly broken down and has been repaired multiple times.

Never again.

Ours kept breaking down too quote to repair it was more than buying a new one.

MakesMeHappy

We have a Miele condenser and love it!

Murderino

I have an Asko heat pump dryer and like it. The glass panel on the laundry door does get a bit of moisture on it though. I just leave it cracked open a little bit but that wouldn’t work if you need it in a cupboard.

Hands Up

It will definitely be in a cupboard so that’s good to know about the asko thank you.

Sounds like the Bosch is a good bet. It’s currently $1300 on appliances online. We have a Bosch front loader washing machine and it’s pretty good.

Thanks everyone!

Lesley225

I have the heat pump condenser Bosch Serie 8 that people above are talking about and I'm very pleased with it.

CG123

I just bought an AEG heat pump condenser dryer and I’m really not happy with it at all!! I’ve had it for about 2 weeks and tried multiple settings and different load sizes, but nothing seems to help. The clothes/sheets just don’t come out feeling dry at all... even if they have been in there all day. And sometimes the load stops halfway through “sensing” that it’s dry when it’s definitely not!!!!!

daybreaker

For those who have a Miele, how long does it take you to dry towels - usually mine takes 2 cycles - so about 6 hours but today it still was not dry after that! They were spun before going in, not sure sure what's going on with it.

Not feeling happy about my heat pump condenser dryer lately...

IamOzgirl

Oh no daybreak, thats not good at all!

Towels for me take no more than 2 hours.

• Like 2

~LemonMyrtle~

Not a Miele, but Mine dries about 9kg of laundry, including towels, in about 3 hours on the “extra dry” setting. Only a few things will come out damp feeling, around thick areas, that goes within minutes of airing and folding them.

My MIL’s Miele was similar.

Edited by ~LemonMyrtle~
  • Like 1

Prancer is coming

For those who have a Miele, how long does it take you to dry towels - usually mine takes 2 cycles - so about 6 hours but today it still was not dry after that! They were spun before going in, not sure sure what's going on with it.

Not feeling happy about my heat pump condenser dryer lately...

I usually have a mix of towels and clothes, but sometimes do all towels. I generally set it on a cottons extra dry setting and the time comes up as no more than 1 hour 30. Sometimes it may take longer or need extra cooling at the end, but doubt it would be longer than 2 hours. The sensor is pretty accurate so when it ends, the stuff is always dry.

ETA - snap Mandy! I love how soft the towels are and we have the fragrance dispenser so they always smell so good.

Edited by Prancer is coming

6lilhillbillies

Yes, love ours. No more water streaks down the walls and it makes distilled water for your iron, or you can use the water collected by the dryer for your machine.

daybreaker

Thanks for your replies about the Miele, not sure what's going on with mine then but will try the extra dry function for starters...

~LemonMyrtle~

Thanks for your replies about the Miele, not sure what's going on with mine then but will try the extra dry function for starters...

And, obviously, clean the lint filters too. Obvious, but I sometimes forget then wonder why the dryer is taking hours and hours.

wilding

Have had an lg one for about 3 months. So far so good but it's too new to know.

My uncle use to work for fisher paykel and he won't go 10 foot within them.