IamtheMumma

Plus sized coats

IamtheMumma

Where do you buy your warm coats from? I've looked at Millers, Autograph and CityChic. Citychic have gorgeous ones but they are dry clean only.

I live in an area with strong, freezing cold wind, so it needs to be warm.

Living Type

I would think almost all coats would be dry clean only? I like wool ones and they certainly are.

• Like 3

smilinggirl

I got a couple from Rivers at the start of Winter. Not sure what sizes they go up to

overlytired

I live where it regularly goes down to -30 or colder and wear a North Face 600 fill down in a plus size, which gets machine washed & dried (I use wool balls in the dryer to help break up the clusters of wet down).

If you're not opposed to buying online and from the US, I've previously also bought nice coats from LLBean and Land's End.

I have an older version of this: https://www.landsend.com/products/womens-plus-size-winter-long-down-coat/id_333106?sku_0=::BLA but it's not waterproof and the wind can sometimes get through.

Zesty

I would assume a fashion coat would be dry clean only, but I have purchased coats from LandsEnd that are more parkas or long puffa style that are insulated which I just put in the wash and dryer.

Lulubin

I got a puffer jacket from Myer, it's a Regatta. Depends on your size though, i got a 24 which is the biggest they had, but usually wear a 18/20.

Tinky Winky Woo

I have washed my City Chic coats in the washing machine and they held up. I put them on a short wash, not too high of a spin and hung them up to dry

Lesley225

I've got a really nice looking coat from TS. It's really flattering - to my knees. Though on a taller person it would be shorter.

It does me walking along the harbour in a gale.

hills mum bec

I got my wool winter coat from Target. It's really warm but I have never had the need to wash it so not fussed that it's dry clean only. If I spill anything on it I just spot clean it with a damp cloth and a bit of soap if required.

Evelyn Smith

Last year I bought a coat on the internet, because I did not find anything in my city. It is important to use the clothing size chart when purchasing. Measure your bust waist and hips. Look at a size chart and convert numbers to letters for sizing.

Edited by JustBeige
Removed advertising link

kerilyntaryn

I've bought a few from Millers and wore them in the snow in Japan and I had no problems with washing them

IamtheMumma

I ended up getting a long cardigan from Millers on the cheap. It does the job.

Soontobegran

Kmart :)

Honestly for how often I need it it does the trick for $39.

Hooded, fake sheepskin lined and I washed it in the washing machine.

Pearson

What size are you?

It will help... some plus size places only go to 18, others 22+