moineau

How would you/did you announce to very close family friends parents?

moineau

Hi Guys!

I have no living biologial family remaining, But am VERY close with two of my best friends parents.

One I have been friends with for over 20 years - They are literally like my second set of parents, they refer to me as their other daughter, always include me at Christmas, call me on my Birthday etc.

The others, I have known for less time, but I am very close with them as well. I could call them tomorrow and say that I needed help and they would come.

Has anyone done this? How did you do it? We live hours away from eachother so a pop in in person over a cuppa isn't really an option.

Ideas?

seayork2002

I called my parents and DH called his 2 days after I took the test at home. We found out I was not long living overseas so did not know many people where I was pregnant so my friends at work I told in person when I got to work the next day and my boss (DH told a couple of people he knew)

We then left it to the grapevine to do the rest.

If I knew anyone else that I wanted to tell I would have just called them

Hands Up

Wouldn’t you just call them after you’ve called your friends? Or I guess you could wait till you know your friend is with her parents and then call so it’s just one call

Cherubs

We just did the phone calls, well DH rang everyone despite agreeing to waiting lol but I am all for a big surprise...hmmmm.

Maybe send something special in the mail, let them know it is on the way, but not to open until you can facetime or at least be on the phone with them?

lozoodle

I just texted people, even my dad haha

• Like 1

marple

Phone call.

moineau

I could call them - I was hoping for something a little more special though...

I bought my DH a bottle of 'Father' port.

My made my best friend a godmother mug and my other 2 best friends and my Dh's 2 sisters "The best people get promoted to Aunty" mugs

We snaffled my MIL's charm bracelet off her on the premise of putting it in to get polished and added a pram charm to it.

Everyone else will find out via text or phone calls as we won't be doing a facebook announcement, I am a musican and have quite a few people that are more acquaintances that friends that don't need to be a part of this as such...

NastyGal

When I was pregnant with DD2 I bought a photo frame with two photo spaces. I put a photo of 18mth DD1 on one side, and printed off an online generic gorgeous baby photo, with our baby's due date in pretty font underneath, on the other side. We wrapped it up and DD1 gave it to my parents - they were rapt. They've still got it - updated now with a real photo of DD2. :lol:

You could do similar but post the frames to them instead.

Mrs Claus

Are you wanting them to take on a grandparent type role? Maybe send them a card asking if they would, explaining how much you enjoy their friendship and hope for the same for your children

• Like 4

Treasure Island

I worked with someone who's daughter sent her bouquets of baby's breath every time she got pregnant. You could do something like that with a card asking them to be honorary grandparents to your child.

• Like 5

moineau

Treasure island that's a beautiful idea.

So is the photo frame idea!!!

I feel weird asking them to be that type of figure but the would take that I'm naturally I'm quite sure.