Sign in to follow this  
Porcelina

Enrolment fee for childcare center ?

Porcelina

I’ve been offered a spot at a LDC however there is a $250 non refundable enrolment fee. This is on top of a $300 bond, which I have no issue with as it’s refundable when you leave. Another place I looked at have said no enrolment fee, or some a small fee of $20 to cover cost of a backpack and hat.

Is an enrolment fee normal ? I do like the LDC with the $250 fee better but that amount seems astronomical.

theboys2

is it the first few weeks up front type thing? cuz my old LDC we use to have to be paying "ahead" so we technically paid at the end of a week but it was for the following weeks days kinda thing?

maryanneK

I'm pretty sure we paid some kind of enrolment fee, in addition to the week upfront or whatever. it was a huge amount in one chunk at the time.

cant remember what it was now. I dont think it was as much as 250 but it wasnt nothing, either

Porcelina

is it the first few weeks up front type thing? cuz my old LDC we use to have to be paying "ahead" so we technically paid at the end of a week but it was for the following weeks days kinda thing?

Nope, it’s like a one off enrolment fee, doesn’t get you anything, doesn’t go towards fees at all. Basically just a fee to enroll at the center !!

theboys2

Nope, it’s like a one off enrolment fee, doesn’t get you anything, doesn’t go towards fees at all. Basically just a fee to enroll at the center !!

ah bugger that is annoying. i cant remember what I did when my son first enrolled 7 years ago.

Purple Polka Dots

The first childcare centre we went to charged a $50 enrolment fee.

The second didn't charge one at all.

I found it odd and very off putting that they charged an enrolment fee, daycare is expensive enough as it is.

They said it was 'to buy learning resources for the centre' - Ummm... isn't that what part of the general fees go toward?

I would find $250 a bit steep.

But then... you need to go with a centre you like - catch 22.

• Like 2

FuzzyChocolateToes

Far out that's steep. Our centre did not ask for either a bond or enrolment fee.

Winter frost

I haven’t heard of that. I guess it comes down to whether you want that centre. It seems a bit steep but in the scheme of what cc costs over 3+ years $250 isn’t much.

JomoMum

That’s a bit steep.

But the bond is pretty low. We were always up for two weeks at the full rate for our bond.

ETA I don’t object to an enrolment fee in general. There is a loooooot if paperwork involved in enrolling a child, getting them set up in the centre etc.

Edited by JomoMum