Chelli

Australian Politics Thread #8

Riotproof

7am podcast was good today? About the abc funding cuts. 

purplekitty
:rofl:

The government's $270 billion Defence Strategy announcement means even global superpowers will think twice before launching an attack on Australia, according to the
@australian's Greg Sheridan
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

(feral)epg

Let's be blunt - if we blunder into a war with China they will simply block all our shipping lanes and we will run out of oil within a month or so and basically starve.  There's little to no point in thinking we can compete with them on a military basis.

• Like 3

Chaotic Pogo

My bad for not quoting source, but wasn’t the Chinese reaction about defense spending along the  lines of ‘ that’s a matter for Australia’

I took it to be a polite way of laughing at the kid buying a lollipop with own pocket money and thinking that made them all grown up now.   The kid can’t stop someone taking the lollipop and everyone knows it. Even the kid. 

• Like 2

Lunafreya

According to Antony Green, Labor is set to retain Eden-Monaro

• Like 2

Bethlehem Babe

Matthias corman is officially quitting at the end of the year. 

What is he going into? 

• Like 1

Lunafreya

The gravy train 

• Like 5

MerryMadrigalMadge

Anyone heard anything about the whereabouts of David Coleman, from Banks? 

He went on personal indefinite leave in Dec 19, and hasn’t been seen since. He’s supposed to be the Minister of Immigration - will be interesting to see where he ends up in a re-shuffle.

• Like 1

purplekitty

I see Palmer in there spoiling again, why isn't he in gaol or paying his debts?

Australians falling for this con again is embarrassing.

We are seeing something similar to the US,very organised religious group moving into politics to get their agendas legislated.

We should be concerned rather than apathetic.

There you go, the economy will recover but wages and jobs will not.

I didn't realise there was a disconnect.Who will be reaping the rewards.

It is an entire ecosystem.Workers and people do not exist to just slave for the economy.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/economy-to-recover-strongly-but-wages-and-jobs-will-not-20200705-p5594c.html

• Like 1

JustBeige

So Scummos disappeared again (well as of this morning) and nothing about help for VIC.

Not sure I believe the news about them extending the Job Keeper payment, though that would be really helpful if they did.

• Like 1

purplekitty

I'd like to know if the #scottyfrommarketing and his mate Dutton have secured enough PPE to protect essential staff ,particularly hospital staff, in Victoria.

Visitors should be wearing masks as well.

• Like 2

MerryMadrigalMadge

So in the midst of a societal and economic crisis, the Fed government is going to bring forward...tax cuts. 

So trapped by ideology and their masters, this is the extent of their economic "reform".

• Like 1

SFmummyto3
12 hours ago, JustBeige said:

So Scummos disappeared again (well as of this morning) and nothing about help for VIC.

Not sure I believe the news about them extending the Job Keeper payment, though that would be really helpful if they did.

Yeah I reckon they'll keep it in some form, but make it more difficult to access.

Joshy needs to close his school textbook 😠  they don't have any original ideas of their own and just don't care either. This country is going down the toilet fast.

• Like 3

Lunafreya

CB85-C374-0239-4-C9-D-9-B11-94-F733-F378

• Haha 2

purplekitty

The correspondence with the Palace surrounding Gough's dismissal will be released on the 14th.

• Like 2