Moneypenny2014

Art Courses - Sydney

Moneypenny2014

Hi girls

Can anyone recommend any art schools (including TAFE) that offer part time day art courses?

My 17 y/o DD is an incredible artist and I would love her to undertake a formal art course. She has left school and works however her work hours are flexible so she could potentially fit in a part time art course as well.

She did not complete her HSC so places like Whitehouse and other formal Uni degrees are unfortunately out of the question at this stage.

I had a look at what TAFE had to offer but there were so many and a lot of them were full time which is sadly out of the question for her.

We are based one hour south of Sydney so would look at courses in the Sydney area.

Thank you in advance!

seayork2002

There is Juian Ashton in the rocks (please check on spelling)

dadwasathome

The major publicly owned tertiary providers are the National Art School and the College of Fine Arts (which is part of UNSW). Sydney University has/had the Sydney College of the Arts but I'm not certain what its current status is, apart form the fact that its moving out of its current Rozelle location.

TAFE NSW doesn't deliver as much as it used to in fine arts (National Art School started out as part of TAFE) but does offer some short courses at a number of locations https://www.tafensw.edu.au/search?q=fine+arts&search=manual

*TikkaB* Tinseltop

I second seayork's recommendation.

lizzzard

I would be inclined to look at a UNSW fine arts college courses - there are lots of options that don’t involve full time study!