cstar

Scam email - you have to laugh

cstar

I received this today and had to share. So if anyone needs $6.500,000 here's your chance to help this poor woman named Theresa Gross and become a millionaire while you're at it.

Dearest,

Thanks for your attention and I pray that my decision to contact you will be given genuine approval. My name is Miss Theresa Gross From Cote D'ivoire in Western Africa and i humbly write to solicit for your partnership and assistance in the transfer and investment of my inheritance funds $6,500,000.00 from my late father who died mysteriously.

My late father was poisoned to death by my wicked uncle during his visit to south Africa where he has his cocoa and coffee company. I am the only child and daughter of my parents and I lost my mother when I was barely a year. After the death of my mother, my father refused to re-marry another wife despite all persuasion by friends and relatives because he felt solely responsible for my mother's death as he only concentrated on his business affairs without paying attention to domestic/family affairs.

But he ensured that I had everything that I wanted. It was as a result of this that he made me the next of kin t o his fund deposit of $6,500,000.00 he deposited in a bank so that I should have a direct access to the funds if some thing happens to him.

I am presently in a hiding in one of the local hotels here in our country because of my father's relatives. The bank director assured me that the funds will be released to me once I have someone who would be honest and willing to receive the funds on my behalf, they shall commence all proceedings to effect the release and transfer of the funds into the person's designated account. Once you signify your interest to partner with me, I shall be giving you more details such as my photo, address, telephone number, documents relating to the transaction and the bank contact information before we can continue.

ERipley

I would be sorely tempted to reply and see how much more of the story you can get out of them. This mysterious death is very interesting!

• Like 1

hills mum bec

You need to watch out for those wicked uncles who go around poisoning people. Giving this person all your personal & bank details sounds like a lovely gesture.

• Like 4

ERipley

I would be sorely tempted to reply and see how much more of the story you can get out of them. This mysterious death is very interesting!

Hang on. It’s not mysterious at all!

• Like 3

cstar

I would love to respond but I worry about getting even more of the stupid things, I already get heaps of them.

if only one would be real, just one, I don't need more than a few millions dollars to be happy.

seayork2002

One of the more creative ones, sadly though there are people that fall for it

maryanneK

Never mind about the poisoned father and that while implausible back story, I've never understood the final part - why can't the funds be released to her? She's met with the bank director..... Why does she need a 3rd party total stranger to get her money?! Come on, if you are going to try and scam me, try and give me a reason to believe you! The rest of it is so carefully thought out.... except for the most important part!

• Like 2

got my tinsel on

Wow - that tale is straight from the pages of a silent movie script!

Poughkeepsie

It all sounds very Lion King-ish to me!

• Like 3

Squeekums The Elf

The latest one I've had is a soldier that needs to get a heap of money out of Afghanistan

Hollycoddle

One of the more creative ones, sadly though there are people that fall for it

Coincidentally I was just watching an old episode of Insight on romance scams and an investigator from the AFP unit dealing with this area stated that an average of $8m per month goes out of this country to international fraudsters.

So yeah, that's a lot of people getting taken in! He was also saying absolutely anyone can be vulnerable if approached under the right circumstances at the right time in their lives. I still struggle to get my head around how though, looking at it from the outside, it's so transparent! Even the examples of dodgy documents they were showing cried 'fake!' to me, too many embellishments, seals and gaudy colours.

Edited by Mollycoddle

Veritas Vinum Arte

Wow - that tale is straight from the pages of a silent movie script!

A bit Disney for me.

I loved the letter I got at work saying I was the only living relative for long lost $10m usd inheritance. Really amazing as my folks are still alive, plus 7 blood aunts/uncles, 16 cousins, 2 siblings and over 30 for the next generation.... but I am the ONLY LIVING RELATIVE. Using Australia post was also interesting to my work address. Oh yeah, best part is my work name is not my real name.