MwahMum

Printing photos - online or instore?

MwahMum

Hello,

Does anyone have any recs for printing photos either from an online shop or instore (like a Kmart, or camera chain store)?

I've used Snapfish before but wasn't happy with how dark they turned out (and have now faded considerably, two years on).

TIA x

abegailo

Have you tried Parabo Press? They do free photo printing of 4x4 size photos and you just pay freight. You only have to wait a bit longer because its from overseas. I've had two photobooks from them and 40 pieces of 4x4 photos. I like their quality!

Sentient Puddle

A camera retailer should produce far superior prints than a chain store. Dont opt for instant but take the overnight option.

Lou-bags

I just came in to say don’t use Snapfish. I’ve just got back some prints from them and they are horrible quality.

• Like 2

IamtheMumma

I've used Big W and had great results.

• Like 2

needs to get out

I've used Big W and had great results.

I've used Big W, Snapfish and Harvey Norman and would agree that Big W has generally been the best quality. They have also addressed issues I have raised with them.

• Like 1

blackcat20

I just came in to say don’t use Snapfish. I’ve just got back some prints from them and they are horrible quality.

Same, they almost look like they took a photo of the photo.

Harvey Norman did a much better job.

Abernathy

We had terrible results from Snapfish (!!) and Kmart but great prints from Officeworks. Cheap and easy and I was really happy with them.

• Like 1

MwahMum

onetrick

It seems to depend on the number... I've had good individual photos printed from all listed, but big batches (big overseas holidays so hundreds of photos) have printed oddly at bother big w and kmart. Yet we went back to big w after printing a big photo there with great quality.

For one off prints, I tend to go to a camera shop. More expensive but much better quality. No idea which one- something camera house? It's in eastland...

• Like 1

Kattikat

Officeworks seems good, we get the matte finish with white border, quality is good

• Like 1