123Babies4Me

7 yo suddenly bed wetting?

123Babies4Me

My 7 yo has gone years without wetting the bed at night - maybe once or twice. In the last month or so she has started wetting it on a weekly or twice weekly basis. What’s going on? I thought that once you’d mastered sleepin through wetting that was it? Should I take her to see the dr?

Paddlepop

Worms. You could check her for worms at night with a torch and looking around her anus for worms, or you could just give her a dose of worming medication. Whenever my DD has wet the bed since she's been reliably night trained a dose of worm medicine has fixed her up.

• Like 2

EsmeLennox

Worms

UTI

Extra-tired/sleeping very heavily

Cold

Could be a range of things.

But I’d start with worms.

• Like 1

The Little Engine

Lots of possibilities but I'll throw in another one - diabetes. That was one of my daughters symptoms amd I have since heard of several other children who were similar just prior to diagnosis.

• Like 1

Karlee99

Constipation was the problem when our son starting wetting again

123Babies4Me

Hi everyone, thanks for your responses. I wormed her and took her to the dr, we have an ultrasound tomorrow and a follow up with the GP on Sat (she refused the prick test last time so I hope she will do it this time!!). She hasn’t wet the bed in over a week now so that’s good!

123Babies4Me

Lots of possibilities but I'll throw in another one - diabetes. That was one of my daughters symptoms amd I have since heard of several other children who were similar just prior to diagnosis.

Did she have any other symptoms at that time?

The Little Engine

Just being more tired and a few tummy aches. Had just moved house.so put it all down to the changes and wetting as she was tired.

A simple fingerpick can rule it out very easily. I took my daughter to the dr for something else and had a niggling doubt so asked the nurse for a check... we were ar the hospital within the hour

Edited by The Little Engine