PandoBox

what are your 2 year olds fave toys?

PandoBox

My niece and nephew (twins) are turning 2 and parents have asked for toys.

Id like to know your 2 year olds favourite toys? :yes:

• Like 1

Daffy2016

DD is 20 months, but:

Duplo; and

Anything that makes a noise.

She’s also getting more into pretend play with her mini kitchen and soft toys.

Winter frost

My kids fav toys that are also slightly longer lasting toys...

Duplo, tea set or food, playdough, toy vacuum cleaner, dolls pram, mini bath crayons, gardening tools....

PrincessPeach

For my boys (now 3 & 5), it was duplo & toot toot cars.

Vaccum cleaner & tea set have also gone down well, but as they got a little bit older.

My niece loved her dolls which she could dress.

Wango

Duplo, toot toot cars and a toy kitchen. Flip out couches (if they don’t already have them) and wood puzzles

EmmDasher

What others have said - tea set, babies/accessories, cash register & fake food, paints & play doh, Schleich style animals, fisher price doctor kit.

At that age, it’s nice to start collections of costumes, puzzles (mudpuppy 12 piece in zip up pouch) and beginner board/card games (eg. Memory/Shopping List etc) too. While just 2 might be a touch young, I found my kids were always into those things towards the end of the year.

Edited by EmmDasher

harryhoo

For Dd it was her Corolle baby doll and a pram; toy kitchen and food etc; duplo, puzzles and wooden blocks.

For DS Duplo, wooden blocks, toy cars, wooden Thomas the Tank engine train set.

5 or so years later they both still play with the train set, dolls and prams, wooden blocks and kitchen.

PrincessPeach

For DS Duplo, wooden blocks, toy cars, wooden Thomas the Tank engine train set.

I forgot about the Thomas trains - we have the metal ones, but they are still frequently played with.

Bono25

Dinosaurs here. And blocks

Lou-bags

DS2 is a little over 2.5yo.

He has been loving his cars and monster trucks, little ride on plastic toy from BigW (yellow red and blue bike you see everywhere), scooter, balance bike, tea set, duplo sets with parts with wheels, dinosaur toys, dress ups, robo alive clown fish, beanie boo and other soft toys, bucket and spade... and more I’ve forgotten no doubt.

And books.

Kiwi Bicycle

The new Duplo battery operated train set looks so good. Makes sounds as the train goes over certain parts of the track. Don't worry, Lego never makes sounds very loud. You can never have too much Duplo or Lego...

Pooks_

Both of my kids loved Little People at that age. DS had a car ramp and DD loved and still loves her dolls house.

Gudrun

My granddaughter loves Lightning McQueen and all that. Also a Peter Rabbit soft toy.

3babygirls

Duplo, Puzzles, Books, Cards (flash cards, memory games etc.)

My 2 year old would read for hours every day. Loves her books.

newmumandexcited

DUPLO.

DM. 2012

When my son was 2 we gave him a toy rubbish truck. It was a a largish sized one that we got from Big W. Kmart also have them. Santa upgraded to a more expensive one 2 Christmases ago. He has played with them everyday (and still does) I even bought a set of 4 tiny bins. I have a container of bits and pieces (buttons, beads, craft pom-poms) from a cheap shop for rubbish.

Little People have a school bus and a red train which would might be good too. My son loved his schools bus and would drop the people off to school at various spots around the house. I bought a couple of extra little people for him.

Edited by DM. 2012

Future-self

The ones that my kids got at 2 and loved and are STILL going years later:

Toy kitchen and food.

Plastic shopping trolley

Ride ons - Best ones we've had is the little Big W red/blue/yellow bike with trailer and also the Booby Red ride-on car which my 6 year old still rides.

Pram and baby doll

Little people - Pirate ship and Plane sets are still in rotation

Balls for outside all sizes

This John Deer trailer and animals is hands down the most popular toy ever. We've had it for 5 years now and every child who enters this house adores it. https://www.bigw.com.au/product/john-deere-animal-sounds-hay-ride/p/8340114/

FeralRebelWClaws

Kitchen and play food and pots and pans. My son also has the market stall from kmart. I love all the kmart wooden food items! He especially loves the veggie and fruit cutting set and they are great for motor skills.

He also has little people (the animal rescue, zoo, farm, camper and ship.) Duplo is also a favourite.

He adores his truck, especially his Tonka garbage truck.

Also his 3 wheel scooter, bike and trampoline!

The other thing is musical instruments, he loves his!

PrincessPeach

I forgot about the big favourite

- the cozy coupe.

It would be a good joint gift for them

seayork2002

Toy cars and wooden train set the only two from memory other wise only household items were played with so think of the most boring things you own and that was it!

jillyrubyjane

LeapFrog LeapTop Touch, I bought for my niece on Birthday, she love playing with it. She can carry the tablet anywhere. She can learn their ABCs, counting, games and there are lots of cute songs. 

Edited by jillyrubyjane