Sign in to follow this  
Aquamarine3

Nuna Pipa Klik capsule anyone?

Aquamarine3

Hi

We have a secondhand (in perfect condition) Nuna Pipa Klik capsule this time around for our baby. I haven't used a capsule before, but it will be essential this time for school drop offs etc.

My question is about the tether strap and the part that connects to the car anchor point. For anyone who has one of these capsules, the instructions say that the tether strap can stay attached to the capsule, and the rest of the strap stays in the car connected to the anchor point. Is this how yours works, because I can't for the life of me work out how the tether strap disconnects from the rest of the strap. I have looked at it 100 times, and still no idea.

It also seems a bit of a fiddle to have to wrap the tether strap around the body of the capsule every time you put it in the car. Is that what you have to do? I'm no experienced with capsules, so have no idea.

I think I'm going to have to get a proper installation place to give me a lesson, but thought I'd ask on here for any ideas first!

Thanks in advance!

Cheesy Sanga

The user manual appears to have mentioned the top tether as a sort of after thought. It looks like the tether is connected permanently to the base rather then the capsule, and you leave the tether connected to the anchor point. It looks like you do have to loop the top tether over the capsule each time.

• Like 1

Daffy2016

We had a different capsule, but the tether was connected to the back of the car seat and you looped it round the capsule each time. There were little slide bits on each side and the strap hooked in. Then you pulled the end to tighten it

ETA by car seat I mean the anchor point on the back of the seat in the car, not the car seat you put a kid in!

Edited by Daffy2016
  • Like 3

froglett

Yup - what PP said. Best of luck OP!

Aquamarine3

Thanks very much, all, for you helpful replies.

Future-self

Pretty usual for capsules for the tether to stay attached to the car and then just looped around the capsule each time you put it in the car. From the looks, the only difference with the Klick is that the tether goes from the car anchor point to the base and then there’s an extra loop that goes around the capsule itself each time you put it in the car. The tether always stays in the car.

ETA - it seems fiddly to loop it each time but once you do it a couple of times you’ll be a dab hand and won’t even have to think about it!

Edited by Future-self
  • Like 1

Aquamarine3

Thanks very much, @Future-self. Very helpful

Just confirming: we have a klik and the tether stays in the car, not on the capsule. You do have to disconnect/reconnect each time. This was literally the only inconvenience to using the klik that I found, it was amazing otherwise.

• Like 1