Caribou

Weight Loss Support Thread

PocketIcikleflakes

Liked for the procedure being over as well.

As for me.

Found nits in DD hair again. Drank wine, ate pizza.

Sigh.

Can someone post a kick up the bum to me please!!

knottygirl
1 minute ago, PocketIcikleflakes said:

Liked for the procedure being over as well.

As for me.

Found nits in DD hair again. Drank wine, ate pizza.

Sigh.

Can someone post a kick up the bum to me please!!

Start again tomorrow. Nits suck so I totally get the need for a wine. 

I ate an ice cream sandwich after dinner.  

at what point does it become easy to maintain? My entire adult life has been a yo yo. Losing weight then gaining. Some people just stay the same healthy weight. How? It’s honestly a mystery to me.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Odd-1-Out
1 hour ago, knottygirl said:

at what point does it become easy to maintain? My entire adult life has been a yo yo. Losing weight then gaining. Some people just stay the same healthy weight. How? It’s honestly a mystery to me.  

I used to stay a healthy weight by doing nothing and eating what I wanted when I was younger, but now to maintain I have to always be aware of portion sizes and calories. Well maybe not always, I still like to eat junk food, just cant do it all the time.

• Like 1

PocketIcikleflakes
2 hours ago, knottygirl said:

Start again tomorrow it is lol.

I used to maintain a reasonable weight. It changed after having my second baby. I'm not sure if it was hormones or the absolute exhaustion or both. But I've steadily gained since.

Actually, now they are both at school I get a lot less incidental exercise. And I've lost muscle. I suspect that's a bit part of it for me.

Sancti-claws
6 hours ago, Odd-1-Out said:

I used to stay a healthy weight by doing nothing and eating what I wanted when I was younger, but now to maintain I have to always be aware of portion sizes and calories. Well maybe not always, I still like to eat junk food, just cant do it all the time.

I have never maintained - healthy weight has always been something that I bounced on as going past - generally back up.

I came to the realization this means I can't have all the goodies all the time.  Sigh.

knottygirl
7 hours ago, Odd-1-Out said:

Yeh I think that’s the part I struggle with. When im not trying to lose I just eat whatever and eat too much all the time. 

6 hours ago, PocketIcikleflakes said:

Start again tomorrow it is lol.

I used to maintain a reasonable weight. It changed after having my second baby. I'm not sure if it was hormones or the absolute exhaustion or both. But I've steadily gained since.

Actually, now they are both at school I get a lot less incidental exercise. And I've lost muscle. I suspect that's a bit part of it for me.

Yeh I think pre kids I was never overweight. I always thought I was but looking back I wasn’t. 

1 hour ago, Sancti-claws said:

I have never maintained - healthy weight has always been something that I bounced on as going past - generally back up.

I came to the realization this means I can't have all the goodies all the time.  Sigh.

I’ve found over time it’s bounced up and down but the ups have been getting higher and higher. 

Chamomile

I would like to join this thread. My little one is 9 months old now, so it’s time to lose the last 5kg. 
I have been completely unmotivated to lose weight. Not going out much, wearing daggy clothes, but it’s time and I don’t have any excuses left. 
I’ll need to cut down on chocolate, sugar and bread and drink more water. Also better food choices when I’m out. (No more banana bread, creamy pastas or Thai). 
I’ll keep a rough food diary. I’ll update weekly on any progress. 
Goal is to lose the weight over the next 3 months. 

Sancti-claws

Welcome Chamomile!

• Like 1

knottygirl

Welcome chamomile!

i am almost 3 months into my weight loss journey now. It’s been slow progress but I’m just over 9kg down. Have another 6 - 8 to go. 
I found weighing myself daily and keeping track of kJ is the how I have managed it. 

• Like 1

CrankyM

Welcome Chamomile!

I’m still here. Just lurking really. My scales died (need to replace the battery). I know roughly what I am and still struggling to lose unless I basically starve myself. Being trying to get some exercise in daily though it’s mostly just walking. Work is crazy which is honestly, not helping. But our current software changeover hits implementation end of next week so maybe I won’t be so stressed. 

• Like 2

Etcetera

I'm glad the top and tail went well. Sorry you had a migraine too, it's a killer isn't it??

I put on weight with my second pregnancy and never lost it. Fell into bad habits, took metabolism for granted, and was stressed for a long time. Now the kids are older I feel I can give a bit more to myself again. DH doing the fast 800 last year really helped switch his thinking around eating which has made it much easier for me. 

Portion control is huge for me!

I've just done my first run in about 5 weeks! It was bloody cold and I may or may not have gotten a teeny bit lost in the bush so went for longer than I planned. Yay for GPS, boo for absolutely no sense of direction. The dog was delighted. Hopefully he won't nick off today now.

Welcome Chamomile! 

I'm planning on checking in here most days so I can be accountable. I've lost fitness and gained about 3kg which I'm not happy about as now I'm officially over bloody weight again.

• Like 2

Sancti-claws
Posted (edited)

Yes - the only good thing from the whole experience (besides the doctor telling me nothing untoward noticed) was the lowest number in about 10 years on the scale before we started!

Back in the office working this week - a LOT of people have put on heaps of weight during the last few months, so feeling slightly better about my plateau but portion control is my big issue too.  Food tastes too good sometimes - need to have my brain switch to enjoying the memories of the taste rather than the greed for more.

Oh, and good work on the run (even if you got to explore regions previously unseen!!) - I think I have to give myself a deadline to get back out and do a bit each morning because slothing about is far too easy (says she still in her pyjamas at 1/4 to 1 in the afternoon)

Edited by Sancti-claws

can'tstayaway

Hello again. I fell off the wagon after only 2 weeks 😆  

I’ve missed 2 weeks of my couch to 5km schedule and have started drinking alcohol again. I deliberately chose to not drink during the Covid restrictions because I knew it would be too easy for it to creep up. Now that school has started again, and things are busier, I’m finding a nightcap to be soothing. 

I have been walking the dog most days, just not running.  I have stopped all the yummy French pastries and pretty much stopped using butter or other dairy in my food. Scales still says I’m obese ☹️  I know the alcohol doesn’t help with weight loss either.  I know I need to eat breakfast but...

PocketIcikleflakes

I've been off the wagon for a week or so as well. It's hard right now. DP is stuck interstate. Eek.

I know I need to just pre chop my veg and I'll do ok because dinners will then be ready, I've just got to motivate myself first...

knottygirl

Well Im up to 9.9kg down since I started trying to lose weight. Just under 3 months ago. I would like to lose probably another 5-6 kg. Certainly been slow progress. 

my issue now is that clothes are not fitting. Pants in particular are too big. I bought lots of new winter clothes last year as I travelled northern hemisphere in December. But all those clothes (sz 14-16) and now too big. Have to go shopping on the weekend to get some pants for work. 

Don’t feel too bad about falling of the wagon. Just have to start fresh the next day. Can you chop your veg for a few days? I have veg every night with my dinner but I buy the frozen steam fresh packs. So if we are having bolognese or something with rice I just have a small serve and mix the veg in. Not as nice as fresh veggies but way more convienient! 

• Like 4

Chamomile
Posted (edited)

I agree with knottygirl. Frozen vege is fine, just shop around for a mix you like. I enjoy the Birds Eye frozen Chinese vegetables. Almost life changing :)

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/705694?cmpid=smsm:ds:GOOGLE:Woolies_8458_BAU_Shopping_Smart_F&B_WW-0001:PRODUCT_GROUP=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuY6UlMji6gIVzn8rCh1PIQk6EAQYASABEgI9xfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by Chamomile
Tried to fix link
  • Like 1

knottygirl

I like the Heinz cauli broc and carrot ones. They come in a bulk back of 5 packets for about $5 I think? Go straight in the microwave in the steam bag. Super quick and easy. 

• Like 1

CrankyM

Sigh. Dh is my downfall. He is constantly buying "special treats" except if you are having them every day they certainly aren't special. He needs to lose weight but has his head in the sand and then wonders why missing dinner regularly doesn't let him lose weight (might be the snacking on muslie bars and chocolate at bedtime). He buys ones I love. Like the chocolate bullets I couldn't resist.

I'm back to kinda 16:8 again. Mostly because I don't tend to get time to eat until closer to 11 then have dinner with the kids. No idea what I weigh but i was in some photos with the kids and man I'm not happy with how I look. My arms in particular and my chin has rounded out. But I need some magical time so I can spend time exercising sometimes other then getting up at 5am or late at night. Meh, it's irritating me. I wish weight loss was easier then it is.

• Like 2

PocketIcikleflakes

Thanks for the veg tips. 

I tend to chop for a week when I get round to it to save doing it for every meal it's just getting round to it 🙈

I'm going to try the freezer steam packs though!

• Like 1

PocketIcikleflakes

@CrankyM in the same with time for exercise. I have to do it in the day when all the kids are at school. Either DP is away at work. Or he's home. Somehow if he home there's even less time in the mornings and evenings....

• Like 1

knottygirl

I joined my kids martial arts class. I was there anyway I thought. Have been going to couple years without any weight loss, until I started calorie counting as well. Not a huge amount of exercise but it’s something! 

CrankyM
1 hour ago, PocketIcikleflakes said:

@CrankyM in the same with time for exercise. I have to do it in the day when all the kids are at school. Either DP is away at work. Or he's home. Somehow if he home there's even less time in the mornings and evenings....

Sounds familiar. I’m at work pretty much until I pick the kids up. I should be dropping back a few hours hopefully September wise and then I will start trying to get to the pool after work before picking kids up. When they were doing soccer I used to power walk the oval while they trained and played. There was a whole group of us in 1s and 2s that did it. 

• Like 1