ERipley

Homeschooling - positive and negative stories?

ERipley

I’m thinking about it. Maybe starting with partial homeschooling (vic) then working up to full time school maybe. I would love to hear from some people who are doing this or have been there.

turbulent

Hi, I currently homeschool 3 soon to be 4 of mine, I taught my eldest through from year 6 and after he got his year 10 certificate he went on to TAFE.

It’s been mostly positive for us and quite an easy process to go through. Happy to answer questions you have.

Jenflea

I think I read on here it's not possible for you to do half homeschooling and half regular schooling.

• Like 1

LittleMissPink

Join one of the many facebook groups on homeschooling- The Educating Parents is a good one with lots of Vic members.

In some states it is possible to part-time homeschool- via negotiation with the school itself.

Good luck, and feel free to PM me if you'd like more info :)

Caribou

I don't do homeschooling but it's not uncommon in my area. There's a local group and they get together the kids and do actives together. I know they have things like gymnastics, drama classes, excursions etc etc as a group.

I've researched and toyed with the idea, but for me, I think I'll go nuts trying to teach someone who acts like me. :lol: I wish you the best of luck.

My advice is to join the local FB groups if you can find them for Vic.

• Like 1

kerilyntaryn

We've done Homeschooling through the public and one through private. With my daughter we didnt have much success. We found it a lot of hard work

~THE~MAGICIAN~

Check out Andrea Mills on Youtube.

Home School Extraordinaire.

SeaPrincess

We know a family who home-schooled their 4 children for years. When they settled in a city, they gave the children the choice of continuing or going to regular school. One of the older 2, who was in high school, chose to keep home schooling.

I’ve also met someone who was home-schooled throughout primary and found moving to an actual high school extremely difficult. She said she struggled with social and academic adjustments, and wished she’d made the transition sometime in primary.

My children have asked to homeschool. I would hate it, and by the end of a week, they would hate me. If we stuck it out, they’d be awesome at science and maths, ok at English and clueless on history, geography, etc. Fortunately we have good schools around us.

Edited by SeaPrincess