Wonderstruck

Is she trying to tell me she's ready?

Wonderstruck

My toddler who was 2 in Feb has been telling us for a few months as she does a poo and asks for a change. This week she announces every wee (as a poo) and demands a change as soon as her nappy is a little bit wet.

She was never usually a kid to complain about a wet or dirty nappy.

My main hesitation with starting to train her is she is a poor water drinker with gut issues so is on daily stool softeners as she is usually constipated and she's a bit scared of sitting on the toilet on an insert.

She goes to day care, speaks well and is switched on...

I'm a FTM so not sure whether it's time to try.

SeaPrincess

I would. 2 of mine were fully day trained by 2, and the 3rd would have been but our daycare wasn’t set up to PT in the room and she was too young to move up. Try a potty if she doesn’t want to sit on the loo.

If you’re not ready to go all out, just try having some nappy free time at home and see how she goes.

Edited by SeaPrincess

rosie28

She sounds ready. My DS was trained by 2 and DD shortly after (and she was on Parachoc for constipation), she’s not too young. Give it a go and if need be you can always abort mission and try again later.

Wonderstruck

Just got to find the courage. I will say we went through a tonne of nappies today as she demanded a change any time she was wet.

22Fruitmincepies

Let her take the lead, talk to her about using the toilet or potty, discuss undies and not wearing a nappy, buy some undies and let her know they are ready for her when she is ready.

• Like 2

SeaPrincess

Just got to find the courage. I will say we went through a tonne of nappies today as she demanded a change any time she was wet.

It should be fairly easy if she doesn’t like being wet. I think that was the main reason why my eldest trained as young as he did.