LadyKJStorm

The dreaded 2 week wait again

LadyKJStorm

I go for another blood test tomorrow and then a second ultrasound on Thursday. Hope they pick up a heart beat but not holding out much hope given the really bad HPT tests that I've had so far.

dreamweaver80

Good luck for today LadyKJ! I know you're very discouraged by the blood tests you've had but I would have honestly thought if you were going to miscarry, you would have done so by now. It really doesn't take very long for the HCG to drop when it's early on and yours hasn't been very high anyway. I think you're in the right headspace of expecting the worst but hoping otherwise. Nevertheless it's such a s**t experience you're having.

• Like 1

dreamweaver80

Hi lady,

I have been reading your posts and am so sorry about everything you have been going through. I can totally relate to dealing with all the grief. Last year, after TTC for 2 years we had success on our first cycle of IVF. It was the only good thing that had happened during a crap year. My mum and dad both died from cancer in the 6 weeks leading up to the BFP. A terrible time. So the pregnancy was the only thing that gave me something to be happy about. Unfortunately I had an unexplained miscarriage at 14 weeks. Devastated and traumatised as you would understand. There was a vanishing twin too (embryo split as only one transferred) but hard to say if that had any impact.

We had 2 embryos left from the first cycle but decided to hold onto them and see if we could get some more. I am 38 and would love 2 kids but know the chances are slim. Anyway since then we have done 2 full cycles with nothing suitable. Each time has been harder.

Today we put in our best (and tested) frozen embryo. This is going to be the hardest TWW ever.

Anyway I hope you are doing ok and you get some certainty regarding your pregnancy soon. The waiting and the not knowing is just horrible. You are def not alone in this though xx

Wow, Lana, you've had an incredibly hard go of it lately. It's impressive that you're still standing, all of that loss and sadness would have knocked me flat for a long time.

I had a miscarriage very similar to yours. We found out at our 12 week scan that the pregnancy was gone. To make things worse, we also found out that day it was a twin pregnancy as our embryo had also split, though only one heartbeat was detected at the first scan. No reason was ever given for the miscarriage beyond the possibility of the twin factor.

I hope you don't lose hope or give up. We failed on our first frozen transfer but got our son out of the third. I'm now pregnant with #2 on the fourth overall transfer (and last embryo). It started out very badly for us but I strongly believed in the percentage of success of my clinic and knew that we'd get there eventually. Some people are lucky and get it their first try/tries but most of us have to get through the failures (which is the higher percentage of IVF outcomes) first. I don't know if that helps you (or Lady) at all but I know it did me the times I let myself get really despondent and wanted to give up.

hugs to you both!

• Like 2

LadyKJStorm

Its gone up again... its now at 2800. Progesterone at 50. I was so sure i was starting to miscarry i didnt even buy more progesterone pessaries today (thank goodness i still have some crinone left which will last me till tomorrow).

Still not high, still not growing as it should. Now 8 weeks and 5 days. Ultrasound thursday. Even they seem really confused by whats going on....

rollinginthepages

Edited by rollinginthepages

LadyKJStorm

This has probably been checked, but has ectopic pregnancy been ruled out? The way your bHCG has been fluctuating has me thinking of it as a possibility.

I did see you are doing IVF, and I’ve got no experience with that and not 100% sure if ectopic is even possible with IVF, but I just wanted to mention it as I’ve been through similar (minus the IVF).

I’m sorry you’re going through this, it must be torture not knowing what is going on and you wanting an outcome; whether it be a viable pregnancy or not. I hope it’s not too long until you have answers and you can move on one way or another.

Good luck for Thursday.

Yes. I had an ultrasound last Monday. It is definitely in the uterus and not ectopic. They just couldn't see a heartbeat.

Mum is now saying that they will be able to tell when I go into labour whether or not it is viable... :)

• Like 1

rollinginthepages

Edited by rollinginthepages
  • Like 1

Lana80

What a hard slog it is. All the waiting and not knowing what is going on. The numbers going up are so positive though. Have all my fingers crossed for you.

I’m sadly out this month. 7dp 5dt and nothing on a FRER. Depressing, and not helped by being my due month.

LadyKJStorm

So looks like im going to miscarry. Had a decrease of 50 in my hcg today (2750) Advised to stop all medications (right after i bought a new box) and continue to have ultrasound tomorrow so they can advise on what is necessay - cause thats a fun way to spend $200.

Pink opal

I’m so sorry LadyKJ. I’m in a smiliair position to you with a positive which isn’t tracking entirely well, and have been watching your story progress. Take care of yourself

• Like 1

Little boys rock

I’m sorry too & sending virtual hugs xx

• Like 1

cvbn

I am so, so sorry. :(

• Like 1

dreamweaver80

Very sorry to hear LadyKJ :(

I was really hanging on for good and surprising news from you. I really hope you get the answers you need from the clinic to help you for next time.

For now and, most importantly, take care of yourself xx

• Like 1

BeachesBaby

Lady KJ, I'm so sorry...I've just had a d&c on Monday after finding out last Thursday at my 9w ultrasound that there was no heartbeat. They told us at 7w3d that there was a heartbeat, it was really hard to see in the ivf clinic, so I'd asked for a referral to proper ultrasound clinic and they told us it likely stopped the day of, or the day after our 7w3d heartbeat scan, and never grew beyond the size of 6w4d. If they'd measured at our heartbeat scan we could have been prepared, but instead we were celebrating and then were completely blindsided. I just found out it was trisomy16, which is fatal in all cases, so I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone here.

I know no one in real life except my mom and a handful of friend's mom's who have had a miscarriage, so it's a lonely feeling not having anyone who understands all the uncertainty and the sorrow and devastation this all causes. I'm really just so sorry that you're going through this, I was hoping for a positive outcome for you. Please let me know if you want or need someone to talk to.

• Like 1