LadyKJStorm

The dreaded 2 week wait again

AdelTwins

My first pregnancy was a miscarriage at 8-9 weeks. I was pregnant with fraternal twins the next cycle (clomid). They are 7 now.

I lost a set of identical twins 5y later. One was never going to be viable, the other died at 19w. I was pregnant again 3m later. He’s 1yo now.

Each time I tell myself that the 3 DS I have wouldn’t be here if those other pregnancies survived. I hope that you can look back in a few years time and feel the same. Big hugs.

• Like 1

dreamweaver80

Serious mind trip!

You're being very patient and calm (even with the mistaken appointment with the grief counsellor) which is admirable.

I still can't believe they can't get you in before Tuesday. Although I feel like my clinic never closes, one of the nurses even said to me once there are no public holidays for them. I've been in for blood tests/scans many a Saturday and this last transfer was on a Sunday. Keep yourself busy this weekend and I don't know a single thing about Harry Potter but good you have something to look forward to, whichever the way the news goes.

Have a great long weekend!

LadyKJStorm

Not feeling very patient today but what can you do?

Come on Tuesday...

dreamweaver80

You could take HPT but I wouldn't recommend it.

Just stay busy!

LadyKJStorm

Hi Dreamweaver,

I don't think the HPT would show anything as I have HCG in the system. Its really the quantity I'm interested in. Is it going up? Doubled? Quadrupled?

I haven't been able to stop googling and reading journal articles. I can't help it. I'm starting to think about this being a viable pregnancy....GRRRR Wish the shock had lasted a few more days.

I've worked out that my HCG needs to be a minimum of 288 but ideally should be about 600. Can hardly wait till Tuesday. I wonder how I'll be able to cope on the day, waiting for the call....

LadyKJStorm

Freaking out!!!

dreamweaver80

Crossing everything for you!

Make sure to ask when they're going to ring you or ask them to at a specific time. There's nothing worse than watching the clock not knowing when you'll hear.

I meant to respond more in depth to your last post but had my friends two kids for the last 2 days so, with my own child, I was responsible for 3 under 3. I had not a minute to myself and I am bloody exhausted!

Having my final blood test early in the morning. Still don't understand why I'm having the 3rd when my last HCG was around 4000 but oh well. Just hanging for the scan now

Good luck xxx

LadyKJStorm

Thanks dreamweaver.

Thats ok. Totally understand. You must have had your hands full.

They never tell me what time they will call. Its usually in the afternoon though.

I have been feeling nauseaus for the last 2 days but not sure if thats cause of hcg, progesterone or stress. Will just have to hang in there a little longer....

• Like 1

LadyKJStorm

So i went and had my blood test this morning and found out from a new nurse that my HCG didnt more than halve. It decreased from 90 to 58 then back up to 158. Which by my rough calalculation means my hcg increased by 60 per cent every 72 hours.

So now im angry at the clinic as they told me the wrong information. I can handle set backs but cant handle the feeling that people are lying to me. I was so angry and upset i was crying all the way to work. I lasted about 45 mins before i had to pack it in.

Waiting for the call now to tell me it has decreased even further and the pregnancy is over. However i am not doing anything until i get an ultrasound that clearly shows its over. Fingers crossed its the otherway but whem has my luck ever been that good.

dreamweaver80

God what a nightmare!

What reason would they have to give you the wrong information? Or has there been a mistake somewhere?

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time of it. Keep updating but only if you're up for it xx

LadyKJStorm

Sorry dreamweaver i thought i updated but seems like it didnt post.

So my hcg has increased to 378 and my progesterone to 50 so by my rough calculation my hcg is doubling about every 3 1/2 days. Maybe im just slow. Both my sister and i were 2 weeks overdue so it could be a family thing.

Ive calculates it as a 43% increase every 2 days. Trying to remember articles that ive seen with 35% increases as being viable.

Maybe because im morbidly obese its harder to pick up the hormone? I know the studies dont say that but im in the extreme morbid obese category (despite losing 50kgs) so maybe it makes a difference?

I did also read an academic paper saying hcg rises are slower when there is a vanished twin. Just trying to keep my fingers crossed.

Anyway they don't want to see me for another week for more blood tests and based on that the doctor may get me in next week for a pregnancy scan rather than waiting until the following week.

Oh the joys.

dreamweaver80

Well, increasing is good!

I wish I had more answers for you but I think the HCG game is so arbitrary. From following other threads like this, some women have really low numbers initially and others crazy high. You can truly make yourself crazy googling and it's not like doing that will affect the pregnancy in any way. That being said, I'm totally guilty as well.

Hope this next week flies for you!

• Like 1

BeachesBaby

This sounds like such an up and down emotional ride lady KJ. I’m crossing my fingers for the next week for it to continue to increase. It seems impossible to have to wait that long for you to find out, and I’m really sorry your clinic gave you wrong information previously, that’s really frustrating.

• Like 1

LadyKJStorm

One more day. Stressing already. Ive volunteered to babysit tonight so i dont get too in my head. Fingers crossed it keeps increasing when i get my results tomorrow.

dreamweaver80

Good luck today!

I'll be thinking of you xx

LadyKJStorm

Ok. We are still going. Has increased from 378 to 1221 (a 40% increase every 2 days) and my progesterone has slightly decreased to 48.

Nurses still arent very confident on the phone. Or even in person. The one who took my blood asked me if i had started bleeding yet?

I go in for an ultrasound on Monday. The doctor is away at the moment. I suppose at the very least i will be 7 weeks 5 days by then and can hopefully see something very clearly on ultrasound.

Trying to keep hope alive because i have consistently increased by 40-43% every 2 days for the last 3 weeks. Surely consistency is a good sign.

BeachesBaby

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you ladykj, I can’t imagine how stressful of a situation this all is.

• Like 1

dreamweaver80

Crossing everything for you... I have certainly read success stories online of women who have really low HCG that doesn't rise as it should. No reason to give up hope.

• Like 1

LadyKJStorm

Would you believe it. They don't know...

The Doctor visualised a sac and something inside it (but very small). They didn't see a heartbeat. So the Dr doesn't know and I have to have another ultrasound Thursday week (my doctor is away so I have to go to the imaging place - which I think is probably better as they have better visuals).

My HCG did increase but it went from 1221 to 2179 so the increase is slowing down.

Its really not looking good considering I'm 7 weeks and 5 days. I'm also turning into the joker with the maniacal laughter. Doctor told me he couldn't tell if its a viable pregnancy and that I would have to come back the following week. I just started laughing...

dreamweaver80

Oh my god, I'd be tearing my hair out with all the uncertainty and waiting.

None of this makes sense to anything I've ever heard or read but you'd think a doctor would have some clues.

I would tend to agree with you that it doesn't look good but at this stage I just hope that you get some sort of answer soon. It's unfair bordering on`cruel to be left in the dark so long.

xx

• Like 1

Lana80

Hi lady,

I have been reading your posts and am so sorry about everything you have been going through. I can totally relate to dealing with all the grief. Last year, after TTC for 2 years we had success on our first cycle of IVF. It was the only good thing that had happened during a crap year. My mum and dad both died from cancer in the 6 weeks leading up to the BFP. A terrible time. So the pregnancy was the only thing that gave me something to be happy about. Unfortunately I had an unexplained miscarriage at 14 weeks. Devastated and traumatised as you would understand. There was a vanishing twin too (embryo split as only one transferred) but hard to say if that had any impact.

We had 2 embryos left from the first cycle but decided to hold onto them and see if we could get some more. I am 38 and would love 2 kids but know the chances are slim. Anyway since then we have done 2 full cycles with nothing suitable. Each time has been harder.

Today we put in our best (and tested) frozen embryo. This is going to be the hardest TWW ever.

Anyway I hope you are doing ok and you get some certainty regarding your pregnancy soon. The waiting and the not knowing is just horrible. You are def not alone in this though xx

• Like 1

LadyKJStorm

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies. Im just trying to keep in mind pregnant until proven not pregnant. Im nauseas and tired. So fingers crossed it keeps going.

Suprisingly im actually ok at the moment. I think because ive been high ive been low and now im just eghhh.... just want whatever it is to be now.

Anyway will just have to see what happens.

LadyKJStorm

And the spotting has started. Here comes miscarriage number 2.

I feel like i should be upset about this but i'm not. I knew before I even had the original pregnancy test that something wasnt right. Mostly im annoyed that i had to go through all this when i knew it wasnt right.

Anyway chocolate all weekend then start dieting on Monday... lol

LadyKJStorm

Actually looks a false alarm. Nothing since the original spotting. Will just have to wait and see.

Lana80

When is your next test? Spotting is quite common and might not mean anything. Hope you get some positive news soon.

I did a HPT today. BFN. Am 5dp 5dt. Trying not to lose hope as I know it is still early but my period is due in 5 days and I am using a sensitive test. I also feel like my body is gearing up for a period. Hope I am wrong.