Sandra

Due in Oct 2019 Chat #1

mskk86

Hi all, I’m about 6 weeks along due around the 13th I think. This will be my 3rd (7th pregnancy though), I have a 2 and 3 yr old boys. Scan is booked for the 5th of March and I’m so impatient for it haha.

Congrats to everyone :)

Elgw

Greetings all !

I got a positive test on Thursday and saw my gp today she ordered bloods and I will go back to see her in 4 weeks. This is baby #2. Both conceived via sperm donor.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

elawood

Greetings all !

I got a positive test on Thursday and saw my gp today she ordered bloods and I will go back to see her in 4 weeks. This is baby #2. Both conceived via sperm donor.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Nice to see you here

elawood

Anyone else experiencing what I like to call ‘Hormontions’?

Seriously crying at the drop of a hat (struggles to keep it together walking through a fair at my old primary school. WTF?) then flying into a rage the next minute. DP is loving it

Seems to be my only symptom- oh and insomnia. Have to get up to pee then can’t get back to sleep even though I’m so tired

Elgw

Hi Elawood and everyone

No Hormontions yet ! I'll expect them later on haha. It feels terrible when you feel out of control with emotions though

Ech0
Edited by Ech0

nikki_205

Hi Elawood (You know me from DIG 2017!)

Yes I've had 2 teary episodes for almost no reason which for me is very emotional. And insomnia is killing me right now, I have no problem falling asleep but I've been waking up around 3 or 4 or 5 every night and then been awake for hours. It's currently 5am and here I am.

Also tiredness, related to insomnia I suppose but hit beforehand.

I've had 3 lots of bloods done to make sure my hcg is rising, and it's all looking good. I have a scan in a week or so. Anyone else having any appointments for peace of mind or otherwise?

elawood

Ech0 - hot tip for your party. Order a glass of wine, take pretend sips, put it down a lot, empty a bit out when no one is looking or swap with your husband for an emptier glass - it’s just enough not to draw attention to it. I did this at a wedding and eventually filled an empty champagne flute with water and no one noticed. Also my GP said before 6 weeks nothing gets to the baby while the placenta is forming, so a glass of wine won’t do any harm. I think I had half a glass altogether and no one was wiser! If someone tries to buy you another, day you’re driving and only having the one.

Mrs.Bee

Elawood - yes I’ve been experienceing a wide range of emotions, crying then flying off the handle over little things.

Nikki_205 and Ech0 - I’ve also had difficulty sleeping, awake overnight to my 4 yr old then unable to get back to sleep and being completely wiped out during the day. I feel utterly exhausted.

I’m having a dating scan tomorrow with our FS, based off dates I’ll be 7 weeks.

Snapdragon91

How’s everyones ‘morning sickness’ I’m rolling over in week 5 and so far I’m good?

Ech0

Thanks for the tips elawood!! Love it. Unfortunately it was a small group of just 6 of us around a table and husband wasn’t going so figured it would be too hard to empty a wine glass. I arrived a little late so I could order at the bar alone and thought I was getting away with my sneaky soda water & lime... Until my bestie whispered across the table “just drinking water, eh??” with a knowing look from behind her sunnies - I shrugged it off and just said yeah. Then my best guy friend from work leans behind the other guy at drinks to say “hey, I see you’re drinking water?” (Loudly enough). I shrugged it off as “having a dry month” like I told the birthday girl but I’m not sure anyone bought it. I think it went as well as I could have hoped though cause no one pressed it further or asked about it today! Haha, oh well. I did actually drive (and drop people home) so maybe they’ll not think much more of it.

Enjoy your scan tomorrow Mrs Bee! How’s everyone else doing?

I has my first obstetrician appointment today at 5 weeks and 6 days - the scan showed everything progressing perfectly he said, good yolk, sac, all that jazz. Too early for a heartbeat but he said I could come back in a week for another scan if I wanted or leave it a few weeks. I’m probably crazy but it’ll make me feel so much calmer and happy to see a heartbeat so I’m going back next Monday.

elawood

[until my bestie whispered across the table “just drinking water, eh??” with a knowing look from behind her sunnies - I shrugged it off and just said yeah. Then my best guy friend from work leans behind the other guy at drinks to say “hey, I see you’re drinking water?” (Loudly enough). I shrugged it off as “having a dry month” like I told the birthday girl but I’m not sure anyone bought it. I think it went as well as I could have hoped though cause no one pressed it further or asked about it today! Haha, oh well. I did actually drive (and drop people home) so maybe they’ll not think much more of it.

OMG people drive me crazy with this stuff. Everyone knows you hide a pregnancy in the beginning (unless you don't - your choice) but either way, you tell when you want to and I think it's totally sh*t that people 'call you out' on it. I get that people get suspicious and think things but I wish people would keep it to themselves and realise that if someone wants to talk about /announce their pregnancy, they will. Heaven forbid if you want to keep it to yourself because you haven't yet come to terms with it, or you're high risk or even if you would like to tell your parents first or have a particular lovely way of announcing. No one ever says anything to me because we've had so many losses, people know better BUT one of my close friends who I happen to work with picked up on a few things I said and sent me an email saying 'hmmm you're very tired and said you're not drinking...I'm suspicious.' I replied back 'Can't talk about it.' FFS!! Sorry for the rant, people really really annoy me when they pressure us into 'revealing' things we don't want to reveal....clearly my hormones are in overdrive today, I am cranky at EVERYONE!!! :) (My poor students are coping it today, I'm going to have to try reeaalllly hard to be nice. But just looked up Week 5 and realised I'm growing a placenta, a brain and a spinal cord so no wonder I'm stupid tired and cranky!)

No morning sickness yet although I've had some fleeting nausea. It usually kicks in right on schedule at 6 weeks and I need to keep emergency crackers in my drawer until about 9 weeks. Once I projectile vomited in my car after a coughing fit. Who says pregnancy isn't glamorous?

Ech0

Ya, it’s frustrating Elawood. I think the whole guessing thing comes from what they think is a good place - they’re happy for you and also want to be clever and guess your pregnancy news first - but I don’t think people who haven’t gone through it realise how terrible it is. It only took me five months to fall pregnant but I already started feeling how painful those questions were “oh, are you pregnant?” when I wasn’t drinking in the TWW, and it just made me feel sad and think, I wish, but not yet :(

Plus, I want to tell my parents first! Not work people. And still feel it’s too early for me at six weeks to spill the beans to anyone other than DH.

Hope you’re doing OK today. And that projectile vomiting is not in our future!

rosie28

Hello all! I’m actually due in November, but there’s no buddy group yet and I’ll have a c section right on 38 weeks anyway, so bub will arrive more like the middle of October anyway. I have a 5 year old DS and 2 year old DD, and had an early miscarriage last month, so I’m thrilled to be pregnant again. I’ve just had a friend who is a GP drop some Zofran over. I get hyperemesis and it’s turned up today, yuck.

Edited by rosie28

elawood

Welcome Rosie

I hit 6 weeks on Saturday and bang on cue nausea has started

Have to start the day with my fiancé bringing me a sai in bed, then have to stop halfway to work for emergency second breakfast of toasted ham and cheese croissant. I seem to have given up exercise despite my best efforts. I hate the first trimester.

Getting bloods this afternoon and have to book my dating scan but my GP thinks my due date is 19th October

Ech0

Welcome Rosie! Sorry to hear you’re so sick.

I’m 6 weeks 6 days today and saw a heartbeat ❤️ Everything is progressing well with bub & bloods all good etc. My first baby/ pregnancy and I swear I’m going to try to be more relaxed, stop being nervous & enjoy it all more now.

Almost passed out standing in the sun for half an hour for work on Friday - had to find some shade & crouch down & hope no one noticed me behaving oddly. Nausea & light headedness is terrible some days and almost gone others.

mskk86

Fatigue is crazy, isn’t it? I have a 2 and 3 year old as well, and the 2 year old is going through a no sleep stage which is really not helping.

I have one week until my dating scan and it’s driving me insane. I’ll be between 8 and 9 weeks, which will be good, because I’ll see more, but still, I just want it now lol.

Nausea is worse I’m finding WHILE I’m eating, which is really annoying because I’m basically gagging the whole time I’m eating. Fruit tingles help with the in between nausea.

elawood

Yes, feel like I've had a super late night when it's 8pm.

And then waking up like I have a hangover which is utterly cruel.

Agreed, fruit tingles are life. I went through half a packet yesterday so keep them in my bag now. Helps me cope with the nausea between first breakfast and second breakfast, when I'm stuck in traffic on the way to work!

Nausea seems to clear around midday which is good, but I feel like I have to be constantly eating to maintain it.

Somehow I think munching on tim tams all morning is not going to do me any favours when I have to wear a wedding dress in December 8 weeks after giving birth!!

Stara_

Just wanted to drop in and say hi :D

Due I THINK 20th Oct but having a scan in a week or 2 to confirm. This will be 2nd bub for me, I have a 2year old daughter, already so much lazier lol saw gp last week and still haven't got around to doing even my hcg bloods :p

Hope the nausea doesn't get any worse for you guys who're suffering :(

Elgw

No nausea here yet, but really bad reflux already ! I normally take somac but my gp said stop it. I didnt get morni g sickness AT ALL for my first pregnancy.

Snapdragon91 good luck for your scan tomorrow

Stara_ welcome and yes i feel so much more relaxed 2nd time around.

Ech0

Yeah, so tired all the time! And hate feeling hungover without any of the fun of drinking. Feels so counter intuitive to snack when feeling gross but it does help the MS.

Desperately want fruit tingles now mskk!

How exciting about your wedding, elawood! What a big year for you. Hope you’re doing OK fitting everything in.

Good luck with your dating scan Snapdragon.

Welcome Stara - I need to take some relaxing advice from second-time mums :D

Snapdragon91

All went well, didn’t need a vaginal ultrasound . Picked up heartbeat 112bpm , 6 wks on the dot making my due date 23rd october